Sponsored

Performance upgrades for 2.0t??

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
How someone could call them “the same” engine is mind boggling.
No, it's called ignorance. Simply looking under the hood reveals a sea of black plastic. Information about these engines is not readily available, and information that is available is conflicting and poorly translated from Italian. This is the first time I've read that the Alfa GME is SOHC.

What's mind boggling is how Jeep added a second camshaft and got less HP & torque.

For those that are interested:
Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Also mind boggling is the fact that FCA would build 2 engines in the same factory of the same displacement, with the same name, entirely differently? The fact remains that the engines are similar, with similar output, and would both benefit similarly from aftermarket tuning. And I have serious doubts that there are more than 3 people on this forum with the access to "simply look under the hood of both vehicles".

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
Resurrecting this post... I was in the market for the diesel but I'm starting to shy away from it. I'm back to considering the 3.6 and I4 turbo. Looks like there a lot of turbo and super charger kits out for the 3.6 and they all want a load of money. Didn't really see anything for the I4 yet, like a larger turbo or tossing in a supercharger in addition to the turbo.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Resurrecting this post... I was in the market for the diesel but I'm starting to shy away from it. I'm back to considering the 3.6 and I4 turbo. Looks like there a lot of turbo and super charger kits out for the 3.6 and they all want a load of money. Didn't really see anything for the I4 yet, like a larger turbo or tossing in a supercharger in addition to the turbo.
As far as I know, nothing that expensive is available yet. Right now there are a couple of tuners available that are getting a great amount of power/dollar:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/booster-ecu-by-vaitrix-jl-2-0l-official-thread.44804/
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/burger-jb4-tuning-available-now.41306/
Sponsored