35’s on sport, remove fender liner?

Cracker_Box

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Grab a spacer lift kit that comes with shock extensions. Or maybe a company sells them separately
So i saw that the Teraflex 2.5" spacer kit can come with shock extensions and i like the look and quality of them, but that would put me at 4.5" of total lift from the factory sport height, i'd have to start doing drive shaft stuff then i assume. But damn it would look good and possibly clear a 37" tire haha.

i'll call Teraflex and see if they will build me a kit for the 1.5" with extensions, OR i can just order the Metal Cloak RockSport shocks they are a lil bit longer than the Red Rubi shocks.
Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

So i saw that the Teraflex 2.5" spacer kit can come with shock extensions and i like the look and quality of them, but that would put me at 4.5" of total lift from the factory sport height, i'd have to start doing drive shaft stuff then i assume. But damn it would look good and possibly clear a 37" tire haha.

i'll call Teraflex and see if they will build me a kit for the 1.5" with extensions, OR i can just order the Metal Cloak RockSport shocks they are a lil bit longer than the Red Rubi shocks.
there are a few companies that sell 1" and 1.5" spacer kits. you'd have to compare the lengths of any shocks you're looking at to the rubi shocks (with additional length added). 1 or 1.5 isnt much so longer shocks might not work so well. id just use the rubis with extensions.

K.O.M

First Name
KING OFTHE MALL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K.O.M
Vehicle Showcase
35s NO LIFT.

60E03E06-BE28-4A79-A99F-288540CC5E43.png

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the process of fitting 35s on my 2dr sport. I had installed the RK 2.5" X Factor lift that actually netted more like 3.5" so I opted for their 3.5" RRD shocks that allows a huge amount of articulation. To test for clearance I removed the springs and ran the suspension though its full travel with the 35 installed I adjusted the bump stops to bottom before the shocks so I had maximum travel and then opened up the fenders as needed for clearance (maximum articulation first, aesthetics second). At full compression the tires were stuffed front and rear. I ended up cutting the liners back and removing the lower edge of the flare. The front just touches the lower corner of the flair and the rear just touches the front corner of the bumper so I have a little more work to do. I think I might pop for a high line light kit for the front and I was planning on building a rear bumper anyway so that should take care of the two last points of interference. Just be clear I'm running Rubi take off axles so they are 1-1/2" wider and the wheels are 9" with -12 offset. Sorry no pictures of the rear after trimming and unfortunately no pictures of the front before trimming. The fronts were absolutely jammed into the fender though.

I actually like the sport flares with the lower edge trimmed off (except the front corner on the fronts). And the way the sport fender are made they are still quite sturdy even after trimming (I think some structural integrity is lost on the Rubi and Sarah two piece fenders when they are split apart) Again this project is still in process so don't judge too harshly. I was more experimenting to see what was in the way and if trimming would work.

mB8UNmnY3gLDf7WR0eKwaNlkP-qZAN1SoonT8iamYS1wwPGbFdCZ5m-64xRP1dyUndqe8Wh--_fNSCZEiQ=w1139-h854-no.jpg

v_scXOwWrCIN-Ka28ksy9uC1OMaewgN8vgHzF_8JuR05l1OLft739OpOKjiDKqjW4ayjcaMBTa2pHfdrrA=w1139-h854-no.jpg

NJIl0fRawgEjyV2Kqcf8pdaYAJf_pntp6wC1rLbKPHy9TJmDSbkBt4E3axGyOHUhrODlIwe8kSMqL9lZSg=w1139-h854-no.jpg

K_keXsdRO3ebOrHmJwKuZg5F4HCBj7CyBHiRfga0uju8ShSSV80VIDDCxCrCVSBeNmuTiTp6yeNmM5Lr7g=w1139-h854-no.jpg

91BAW-ct13yFyZMNjlvw2l_Oz4q5Krs4DwW0IKo6OF2c-b-B9j2r7eU2IU46O1xeLqkf8e-iFD10PdANtg=w1139-h854-no.jpg

p6CyVdIil16kdTZUEtmKD1D4qwMb9qHdqjf9zFkujDWqzPbJyujdWXNs5mi5UUY-RUxplR2J6ATSvyKhcA=w1139-h854-no.jpg

Sponsored

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
So to answer the OP's original question, I cut back the front and rear liners where they had curved down to meet the edge of the outer fender but left them intact otherwise,

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I really wanted 35s on my Sport S, but I was not ready to do a full suspension lift. I purchased a set of Rubicon take off shocks and springs along with lower control arms from the Mopar 2in lift. I also bought a Teraflex 1.5in leveling kit. I just got my 35s the other day. 35x12.5 Toyo at2 on 17x9, 5in back space Tactik wheels. The tires just barely stick out past the fenders, and no rubbing lock to lock. I will have a chance to articulate it a bit next week to see if there is any rubbing, I might need a bump stop kit although I dont plan to off road much at all. For what the parts cost I am very happy with how it looks and drives.

James You still running this set up? Also how do the 35s run? I heard it should be regeared? I have the v6 engine sport JLU

Jeep Wrangler JL 35’s on sport, remove fender liner? p6CyVdIil16kdTZUEtmKD1D4qwMb9qHdqjf9zFkujDWqzPbJyujdWXNs5mi5UUY-RUxplR2J6ATSvyKhcA=w1139-h854-no
Sponsored