Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea if these bags allow a soft top to be raised and lowered? How's driving topless with these .. any issues?
I wouldn't know about the soft top portion of your question since I don't have any soft top experience. If it's the same dimensions as the hardtop it should work fine. If its the type that slants in the back it wouldn't. As far as running with them topless, no issues. They are pretty well secured. I didn't notice any movement in the bags at highway speeds.
Sponsored

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Sorry to hear. Worst feeling in the world. I have had that happen to me twice in my life. Once as a teen parked at front at home. Apparently I was one of many that night from a theft ring passing through. The other while I was deployed over seas. That feeling of having your stuff gone through by a stranger and taking things you work hard for.

Sadly I've gotten used to it. Happened a handful of times on other cars so now I mount things so they can be removed and hidden, rip away molle bags, and added a Slipstream security enclosure. And I avoid leaving anything expensive in the car over night. Ever since I got car jacked a few years back in Berkley It's just annoying. That put thing in perspective...

It was just really annoying having it happen to my new car at my gym in a lit parking lot with cameras and a security guard sitting out front...

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
Ouch, that's terrible. I can see why now. People don't care about others personal property. When I travel, I do worry about it a little bit. I'll take the important stuff out.. Sometimes they take the most ridiculous stuff, nothing of value when right behind them in the back seat expensive shit is sitting there in plain view.

Larrymuld

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I installed mine today. The quality of the bags seem to good. The only thing I do not like about the is there is only one screw on the bottom securing the frame. The top is just held in by gravity so I used some Velcro straps I had laying around and added a bit of support.

A4485B15-F7A3-46FF-A01E-DA379E395984.jpeg

E660FCE8-F293-4D7C-A68F-A284E7B908B7.jpeg

DF8CA47C-53E1-419A-B340-2435E5A6EE16.jpeg

73E0B7C3-8299-4C9F-AD3B-57A4A8E871AD.jpeg

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Iā€™d be all over their products if theyā€™d run a Rubicon series with red accents and stitching rather than orange. I canā€™t do red stitching and orange stitching right next to each other... my OCD would debilitate me. I requested a special run of Rubi red stitched, but they didnā€™t respond.

Sponsored

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
Iā€™d be all over their products if theyā€™d run a Rubicon series with red accents and stitching rather than orange. I canā€™t do red stitching and orange stitching right next to each other... my OCD would debilitate me. I requested a special run of Rubi red stitched, but they didnā€™t respond.
Holy smokes I was this close to pulling the trigger on these until you pointed that out! Why wouldnā€™t they run red stitching?!?

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Any idea if these bags allow a soft top to be raised and lowered? How's driving topless with these .. any issues?
No they do not work with the soft top. When I bought and installed them, I had my hard top on. Once I switched to my soft top I couldn't use them anymore unless I didn't drop my top. Not being able to drop the top was a nonstarter.