Not open for further replies.

josh8811

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon (soon)
Wow! Nice work! Going to give them a look.
Sponsored

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
Another user mentioned them on another thread recently. I liked them so I much I made an order last week and they arrive tomorrow for the driver and passenger. Although I like my 67 Designs phone mount, I only use it on long trips where I am actively needing my phone. Outside of that I don't care for my phone being in my face constantly, so this seems to fit the bill nicely. Now if only I didn't live in Ca, I would have opted for a custom pistol holster in the same spot instead.

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Another user mentioned them on another thread recently. I liked them so I much I made an order last week and they arrive tomorrow for the driver and passenger. Although I like my 67 Designs phone mount, I only use it on long trips where I am actively needing my phone. Outside of that I don't care for my phone being in my face constantly, so this seems to fit the bill nicely. Now if only I didn't live in Ca, I would have opted for a custom pistol holster in the same spot instead.
I'm in CA as well … as soon as I retire from the corporate job in a few years I am outta here

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
I have both phone holders and just today received the key fob holster thing. As much as I hated making a key fob that is already too large any larger, I do like the key fob holster thing. The key by itself kept opening in my pocket and I kept setting off the panic button. Who knows how many times I accidentally and unknowingly unlocked it in my pocket as well. I tried those rubber things from Amazon, and they solved the problem of it opening or setting off the panic button, but they are flimsy and sticky in the pocket. Being leather, I figure the key fob holster is going to wear in like a fine leather wallet, so it is only going to get better. The quality it great and I have to thank Gibson for coming up with innovative ways to solve these little issues. For those unfortunate folks in California, check with your local sheriff's website and see if you can apply for a CCW, I got one and I live in one of the more libtard counties in the golden state.

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
I have both phone holders and just today received the key fob holster thing. As much as I hated making a key fob that is already too large any larger, I do like the key fob holster thing. The key by itself kept opening in my pocket and I kept setting off the panic button. Who knows how many times I accidentally and unknowingly unlocked it in my pocket as well. I tried those rubber things from Amazon, and they solved the problem of it opening or setting off the panic button, but they are flimsy and sticky in the pocket. Being leather, I figure the key fob holster is going to wear in like a fine leather wallet, so it is only going to get better. The quality it great and I have to thank Gibson for coming up with innovative ways to solve these little issues. For those unfortunate folks in California, check with your local sheriff's website and see if you can apply for a CCW, I got one and I live in one of the more libtard counties in the golden state.
I also picked up the fob holster. And I agree, the fob is a monster in size, so I felt the holster isn't going to change too much about it. I like it. This weekend I will install the phone holsters. As far as CCW goes, I live in Santa Barbara County, and it's such a big hassle it isn't worth my time. I carry for a living at work meeting firearm quals in multiple weapon platforms for day, night, etc. SLO county next to us, is more forgiving but even then its really hard to justify convincing SLO county to issue a CCW even though I commute and work in their jurisdiction. So needless to say, I rather just leave my personal stuff in the safe, and wait to some day move back to AZ or elsewhere in a more free state.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in CA as well … as soon as I retire from the corporate job in a few years I am outta here
As much as I grew up here, I find it hard to live in. It's unfortunate that politics and polices have ruined so much potential of such a large state. Unfortunately I am too young to be anywhere close to retire. Once my job is done here, I will definitely leave retired or not. This state is hardly even worth a visit in my eyes anymore.

JL Fan

First Name
JL Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
iPhone holster for driver side. Looks great. Easy to install...took maybe 30 mins. And I got the use of a cup holder back because my phone won’t be in it. It is a little more expensive than other options. But the quality is worth it.

2237076E-0D89-48E1-BA7C-7D841EA6F6BA.jpeg

JL Fan

First Name
JL Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
iPhone holster for driver side. Looks great. Easy to install...took maybe 30 mins. And I got the use of a cup holder back because my phone won’t be in it. It is a little more expensive than other options. But the quality is worth it.

2237076E-0D89-48E1-BA7C-7D841EA6F6BA.jpeg
Actual install time would have been less without my dog jumping in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.