Sponsored

Fumoto valve

Who is using the Fumoto valve on their diesel?

• Total voters

Ruri

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD, Gen 2 Raptor, 997.1 Turbo, F90 Competition
Occupation
Not FDIC
Does anyone plan on using the Fumoto Valve or a similar one? Does anyone plan on using one for their JL diesel?
http://www.fumotousa.com/

Does anyone know the oil plugs thread pitch?
Their website doesn’t list the JL diesel yet.
I’m assuming it’s the same as the 2020 Ram 1500 3.0 diesel 14mm - 1.5 pitch thread
I can’t check since my JLUD has been in order since 11/11/19 like most everyone else here.
I’d like to add this to my pile of parts I’ve accumulated.
Plus Fumoto USA has a 20% off sale today.
Sponsored

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
I use one on my diesel truck but felt comfortable doing so because it doesn’t see much of any off-road use. I haven’t seen a JL diesel in person yet, to see where the drain plug sits with respect to skid plates, etc. I’d worry about contact with a stick or who knows what, that may damage the valve and drop the oil.

I didn’t cast a vote since I haven’t seen one first hand.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I use one on my diesel truck but felt comfortable doing so because it doesn’t see much of any off-road use. I haven’t seen a JL diesel in person yet, to see where the drain plug sits with respect to skid plates, etc. I’d worry about contact with a stick or who knows what, that may damage the valve and drop the oil.

I didn’t cast a vote since I haven’t seen one first hand.
The same. I have one on my 01 F250 and it's great but would never see more than a forest service road.

I haven't seen a 3.0L diesel Jeep yet either, so I'm not voting either.

I know I will not on my 3.6L gasser. I got a little ding in the oil pan already. I need to get a skid plate for the engine.

Last edited:

ChimpanZed

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
No. Maybe on fleet vehicles that never see off-road use, but not a Jeep with any engine option. All risk, no reward.

UTES

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Sahara, 2018 AMG GT, 2019 MB GLC
Occupation
Retired LEO
I'm waiting for my '20 3.0 Wrangler as well, which is why I checked "undecided" 'till I see what I'm dealing with.

Hunter

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I'm waiting for my '20 3.0 Wrangler as well, which is why I checked "undecided" 'till I see what I'm dealing with.

Hunter
I've used one on my JK since Day 1. It turns oil changes into a mess-free delight. Literally, not a drop. I don't offroad my Jeep, so I don't worry about damage.

BTW, the "I don't offroad" sometimes draws sneers, but I got into the Jeep lifestyle because of snow. I moved to AZ from a small Colorado mountain community that averages 19 feet of snow per year. I've owned 10 Jeeps (most during my Colorado days) and still like the vehicles, so I stuck with them. My household has owned Wranglers, GCs, Liberties, and Patriots. They're all great in the snow, and and in the Colorado mountains virtually all residents own at least one Jeep.

I also own a GT3 and don't track it - I'm just a disappointment across the board. :)

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '76 FJ40, '17 BMW 650i Gran coupe
Pics of the GT3 or it didnt happen

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pics of the GT3 or it didnt happen
Here a pic taken just before shipping from CO to AZ. It's a 997-type. Note the non-standard classic-style wheels. [original wheels were a bear to clean]. I'm toying with upgrading to retro-style Fuchs forged wheels. If it makes the Diesel waiters feel better, this took nine months from factory order to delivery. I was having kittens by the time it arrived. And...I didn't have a bunch of other orderers to commiserate with.

GT3.jpg

Last edited:

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
Build Thread
Link
I'll probably get one for the DEF tank, if there isn't something to drain it already. As for oil, I may use one; I mean, oil changes go pretty quick already, and I'll have skid plates so it may make it a little more convenient.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Go with a femco instead as just as easy and 100% secure without a chance of false opening.

Sponsored

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '76 FJ40, '17 BMW 650i Gran coupe
Here a pic taken just before shipping from CO to AZ. It's a 997-type. Note the non-standard classic-style wheels. [original wheels were a bear to clean]. I'm toying with upgrading to retro-style Fuchs forged wheels. If it makes the Diesel waiters feel better, this took nine months from factory order to delivery. I was having kittens by the time it arrived. And...I didn't have a bunch of other orderers to commiserate with.

GT3.jpg
Wow, she’s a beaut! I would have gone crazy with a 9 month wait

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I have had Fumoto Valves on my diesel trucks, for the past 20+ years. They are great. I plan on putting one on my 3.6, after the free oil changes run out.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Which model Fumoto are people installing? The "F106N" looks like the correct version, but I was hoping to hear from someone with first-hand experience.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Which model Fumoto are people installing? The "F106N" looks like the correct version, but I was hoping to hear from someone with first-hand experience.
Femco is a much safer solution.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
I just don't see the appeal. How long does it take to pull a drain plug, like 8 seconds?
Sponsored