First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 2 Door
Occupation
Information Technology
I have a Rubi on order... Looking to have new wheels and tires ready when she gets here... I would rather not lift - and would like to go with a wider tire. I was thinking of 305 x 70 x r17.

Can I do this without rubbing?
Does anyone know what the factory offset is on the stock Rubicon wheels?

I should note that I ordered it with the Steel Bumper package... if that lowers the body any... Hopefully not enough to cause a clearance issue...

I was thinking of going with an 8” or 8.5” but I want to make sure I won’t rub when turning.

Thanks for helping a new guy.

J
Sponsored

Last edited:

WheelsASAP.com

First Name
Kali
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelsasap.com
Vehicle(s)
TRD Pro
Occupation
Wheel Guru
I have a Rubi on order... Looking to have new wheels and tires ready when she gets here... I would rather not lift - and would like to go with a wider tire. I was thinking of 305 x 70 x r17.

Can I do this without rubbing?
Does anyone know what the factory offset is on the stock Rubicon wheels?

I should note that I ordered it with the Steel Bumper package... if that lowers the body any... Hopefully not enough to cause a clearance issue...

I was thinking of going with an 8” or 8.5” but I want to make sure I won’t rub when turning.

Thanks for helping a new guy.

J
295/70/17 will be a better fit on stock suspension. 305/70/17 will have a slight rub at full turns.

The factory wheels should be 17x7.5 +44 offset.

17" Options for factory suspension Jeep
https://wheelsasap.com/shop/vehicle...R/type/FACTORY SUSPENSION/diameter/17/wheels/