Sponsored

New driveshaft for 6 speed?

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
how come aev doesn’t advertise you need shafts now as it sits, shock length?
Yea those bilstein shocks are about as long as stock rubi shocks with 2" extensions. So you'll only droop out as far as someone who has a rubi with a 2" spacer lift. Need to go quite a bit longer for the front DS to become an issue.

Rear DS on a 2 door is generally good to go due to a way more favorable driveline angle compared to the front. They will usually crap out due to a high static ride height and road miles, not because of droop.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Yea those bilstein shocks are about as long as stock rubi shocks with 2" extensions. So you'll only droop out as far as someone who has a rubi with a 2" spacer lift. Need to go quite a bit longer for the front DS to become an issue.

Rear DS on a 2 door is generally good to go due to a way more favorable driveline angle compared to the front. They will usually crap out due to a high static ride height and road miles, not because of droop.
Yes, im thinking about going 1-2” longer shock. At full droop the aev springs still have lots of tension on them.

last part makes sense, I didn’t want such a high lift honestly for daily driving but it does work pretty well. Just fine tune it with some better shocks and control arms

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
This thread peaked my interest.
I have a 2dr manual, 4.56 gears.

rubbing aevs 2.5” dualsport. But got closer to 3”

im looking at adding control arms in the future to ditch the drop brackets and correct rear pinion angle. This will lead to longer shocks, which then will lead to driveshafts.

how come aev doesn’t advertise you need shafts now as it sits, shock length?
Yes...most lift MFG's feel front shocks can extend up to 28" and clear the stock driveshaft. What size tires are you running?

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Yes...most lift MFG's feel front shocks can extend up to 28" and clear the stock driveshaft. What size tires are you running?
I never measured the aev bilsteins, wish i did for future reference.
I’m running 35s

5271B40A-1ED6-43AE-9FFB-9482834D1A9A.jpeg

7CBAB780-9A94-4D69-B2CC-F2F9AC2A9F3E.jpeg

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

We just installed a 1350 Rear Driveshaft from Tom Wood's for our JLUR. Same for 6-speed or automatic. We do drive a 6-speed though. We damaged our stock one and we also have lifted our jeep. This fixed our vibration issues on the highway. Plus the stock one was all beat up.
Sponsored