Sponsored

LoD Signature vs Destroyer sliders

MxEffrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’m looking to add some stout sliders to my JLUR that have a functional step. I’m pretty happy with my LoD front bumper, so I’m fairly certain I’ll be going with one of their options, either the Signature or Destroyer sliders. For those of you who’ve seen them in person or have them, which offers the most protection while also having a functional enough step for us vertically challenged people? I can’t really tell how useful the step is on the picture I’ve seen of the Signature sliders.
Sponsored

landshark99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I love my Signature rock rails but honestly I rarely use the step part

Punk'n Head

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jl Sport
i have the signatures on my sport, i dont use the step but my mom does. Stock height, but with the BFG KO2's the rubicons have. Makes it a lot easier for her to get in.

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have a lifted JLU with LoD signature sliders. I use them much more for protection when wheeling, but I do use the step function given my JLU’s height. They are decent as a step, a little close to the body but I just use the rounded tube part for the step. I rarely use the flat part of the slider as a step since it’s a little narrow. Decent as a step, great as a slider.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
I have a lifted JLU with LoD signature sliders. I use them much more for protection when wheeling, but I do use the step function given my JLU’s height. They are decent as a step, a little close to the body but I just use the rounded tube part for the step. I rarely use the flat part of the slider as a step since it’s a little narrow. Decent as a step, great as a slider.
This.gif

I don't even try to use them as a step as I'm afraid my foot will slip off (too close to the body and too narrow, as you said) and I'll bust my head on the Jeep.

Sponsored

Dano36

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon, 2016 Torch Red Corvette, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Whatever it takes.
I have the destroyers and use the step anytime I get into or out of the jeep. They work great.

AdventureDad2000

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
We have the destroyer sliders and they work great for protection and as a step. The whole family utilizes the step - I'm 6'4" all the way down to my 5 year old daughter. Highly recommend LOD products!

IMG_20190731_135348 (1).jpg

OP
OP
MxEffrt

MxEffrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! Looks like I can’t go wrong, either way.
Sponsored