Sponsored

Where do you mount your hi lift?

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
I’ve got the roll bar mount, ordered directly from dominion off-road. Works great. Maybe try getting it directly. No wait when I purchased.

3A34DD6A-2689-4C66-B981-AB9F78BA42E4.jpeg

68F5ADAA-2115-418D-8F4F-5B82A08C4FFF.jpeg

B87DC553-DB46-44A8-97A8-1FBCAB61DFFE.jpeg
I did it this way too. When hi-lifts are outside the vehicle they gum up and stop working. Although i trimmed my plastic pieces and put them back. I will also be replacing the hardware so both nuts are the same size to make removing it easier.(I think its a 3/4" and a 9/16" atm)
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’d considered trying wing nuts or something similar to he able to place and remove it without tools, but since the installation is totally rattle and noise free I figured I’d leave it alone so I don’t screw that up.

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I was lookin to get a Hilift. Then I realized that I. Can’t use it. I have rubicon sliders and sport bumpers. Going to get a bottle jack instead. Some day I’ll have decent jacking points.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I don’t think I used it once on the trail in my JK in the 2ish years I owned it. I would have once, but I still had a plastic rear bumper, so I had to use the factory jack. I used it a few times in my old XJ and TJ. Now my JL has a JCR rear bumper with slots for it, if needed. I also volunteer with my County’s Search & Rescue Special Vehicles Group, so I may need it at anytime. Other than extra weight, it’s not hurting anything and not in the way with this mount. I did use wing nuts. I talked to the manufacturer, they can’t use them due to liability reasons- damn litigious society!

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
As ironic as it sounds, I just used it last night helping my buddy reseat the beads on a 44” swamper he aired down too far w/o beadlocks... It earned it’s keep as a passenger for a few more years. Funny how this was 3 days after I said it’s been years...

Sponsored

kellyc33

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Rubicon, Subaru Outback
I have a hi lift jack and ordered the rear roll bar mount. After three months Quadratec can't get it in stock so I bailed.

Now back to square one. If you have your Jack mounted please post a pic. I need ideas. Thanks.
I used the one from Dominion, but removed it because of the rattle problems and it was in the way of mounting a Power Tank.
I have a hi lift jack and ordered the rear roll bar mount. After three months Quadratec can't get it in stock so I bailed.

Now back to square one. If you have your Jack mounted please post a pic. I need ideas. Thanks.

Unix_Gawd

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL (Firecracker Red); 2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew 4x4; 1951 Ford F4 Deluxe Extra Cab;
Is that the stock tailgate? Any weight issues with both the hi-lift jack and the rotopax? How did you mount both of them?
It's a LOD Destroyer bumper and carrier. There is no weight pulling down on the tailgate. LOD is pricey, but well worth it.

Unix_Gawd

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL (Firecracker Red); 2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew 4x4; 1951 Ford F4 Deluxe Extra Cab;
One more thing. The rotopak brackets are made for up to a 37 inch tire. I customized my brackets by adding an extra 1.5 inch pipe to widen them. Then I had them re powder coated.

Sponsored

digitalhobbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU)
It's a LOD Destroyer bumper and carrier. There is no weight pulling down on the tailgate. LOD is pricey, but well worth it.
Looks great!

I'm still running stock tires on my Rubicon, but if (or rather when?) I get a lift and bigger tires, I'll strongly consider a carrier like this - both to support the heavier spare, as well as additional equipment like rotopax etc.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Is that the stock tailgate? Any weight issues with both the hi-lift jack and the rotopax? How did you mount both of them?
I was going to ask the same thing. The only thing I have on my tailgate is a 35" spare and the tailgate already doesn't want to close right.

BbyGrlJJ

First Name
Jamie Lynne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tiktok.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi lift was one of my recent BDay gifts :D Curious to see different ways to mount it on the exterior. Looked at the tailgate initially but then noticed a height restriction with mine. She already barely fits in the garage. But really like the look of it on the rear.
Sponsored