Noisy clutch pedal ?

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu, 2008 JKU, 2008 Jku
Vehicle Showcase
I've read a few threads about the noisy clutch pedal but has anyone had the issue resolved?
We have 6k miles on ours and its gotten progressively worse. Its actually unbelievably loud.
I've tried lubricating the spring that people have mentioned but its still bad (same as all the other results I've read about).
I'm not a huge fan of the dealer service departments so I"m hesitant to bring it in unless there is a known "fix"
Sponsored

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
Did you pull out the spring to lube it? Did it make the noise with the spring out? Iā€™ve had to grease mine and thankfully it has worked for me.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Did you pull out the spring to lube it? Did it make the noise with the spring out? Iā€™ve had to grease mine and thankfully it has worked for me.
I lubricated every part of the clutch pedal I could and it got A LITTLE better, but still a bit squeaky

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
The spring reminds me of a cheap RC car suspension. My noise was from the spring and carrier binding, more crunchy than squeaky. I put in a bunch of grease and cycled it and then added some more... I've thought that if my issue wasn't resolved with grease I'd look into replacing the carrier and spring with quality RC car components. Maybe try a thicker grease?

I drove around the neighborhood without the spring and I actually prefer it, I just didn't know if there would be any long-term concerns with going springless.

Sponsored

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
I solved this problem by installing a dead pedal instead of a clutch pedal, it was a b!tch to install, but it doesn't squeak :CWL:

IMG_2964.jpeg

OP
OP
hermidlifecrisis
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The spring reminds me of a cheap RC car suspension. My noise was from the spring and carrier binding, more crunchy than squeaky. I put in a bunch of grease and cycled it and then added some more... I've thought that if my issue wasn't resolved with grease I'd look into replacing the carrier and spring with quality RC car components. Maybe try a thicker grease?

I drove around the neighborhood without the spring and I actually prefer it, I just didn't know if there would be any long-term concerns with going springless.
I'm gonna look in to pulling it out and seeing how the wife likes it. Thanks!

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I pulled mine a while back. I prefer it too. Good luck. Worse case, you can just put it back.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I've read a few threads about the noisy clutch pedal but has anyone had the issue resolved?
We have 6k miles on ours and its gotten progressively worse. Its actually unbelievably loud.
I've tried lubricating the spring that people have mentioned but its still bad (same as all the other results I've read about).
I'm not a huge fan of the dealer service departments so I"m hesitant to bring it in unless there is a known "fix"
Hi hermidlifecrisis,
If you are unable to remedy this on your own and decide to visit your dealer, please send our team a PM. We would be happy to add assistance to your service visit.

Kathryn
JeepCares

OP
OP
hermidlifecrisis
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just an update, I had sprayed the "culprit spring" with yamashield (I'm a boat mechanic by trade, this is the same stuff as boeshield t-9)
Initially it did nothing, now several day later I'm happy to say the creaking has subsided to tolerable. I think it should be silent but... these things clearly are not the most well build vehicles.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Just an update, I had sprayed the "culprit spring" with yamashield (I'm a boat mechanic by trade, this is the same stuff as boeshield t-9)
Initially it did nothing, now several day later I'm happy to say the creaking has subsided to tolerable. I think it should be silent but... these things clearly are not the most well build vehicles.
Glad to hear it...others have greased it with lithium grease and the noise came back after a few weeks. I'm curious to hear if yamashield works long term...hope it works for you.

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
From another thread in this forum, it was recommended to remove the spring on the pedal. I removed it on my JLUS and the noise is still present. Going to look at it tomorrow after I pull the drivers seat out to get a better view.

01tj

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2001 Wrangler, Kia Optima, possibly 2018 Wrangler unlimited
Has anyone been able to fix this? If you remove the spring does that mean there is slight pressure on the clutch all the time?
Sponsored

Last edited: