Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone heard if any dealers are dealing on the 2020 Rubi Recons yet? Or should I just build/order one? Might get back into a JLU soon.......just exploring options for now!
Sponsored

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392. Was '20 Rubicon, '17 Rubicon
Not many on lots yet... why wouldn’t you special order? 7% under invoice with no haggling is very attainable.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Koons offers that year round.
A lot of the dealers that advertise and sell for 7% under invoice have high DOC fees. They have a high DOC fee so it's not actually 7% under invoice. It's probably closer to 5.5%-6% under invoice after taking the DOC into consideration. It's still a good price if you live in the area.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I picked up a Recon this weekend.. '20, 2.0li turbo, fully loaded... MSRP $57,500, paid $49k and took advantage of financing options.. Love the truck
Did you get 0%? That's a good deal if there was no trade and other back-end products bought.

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
344C5EF7-3161-431C-A137-B0A16097E6B9.png
A lot of the dealers that advertise and sell for 7% under invoice have high DOC fees. They have a high DOC fee so it's not actually 7% under invoice. It's probably closer to 5.5%-6% under invoice after taking the DOC into consideration. It's still a good price if you live in the area.
I actually just got a quote back from them in a Rubicon they had in stock. Your right it’s not near as good as I was thinking.

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
So I am looking at a new Recon myself. Went and did a test drive yesterday alone as I really wanted to see how loud the Sky One Touch roof was on the highway compared to my JKU hard top with Sunrider. I have to say the Sky One Touch is damn quiet, even on the highway. Was very impressed.

Right now the Recon on the lot as every option that I want and MSRP is: $59,225 but they have it listed at: $52,975 They are going to give me $27k for my 16 JKU Rubicon which I feel is good based on the used car market conditions right now. That means I still need to come to the table with: $25,900 plus tax/title/doc fees. I feel that is too high and I think I could get them to $25k out the door.

I don't want to be greedy, but I do want to feel like I got a good deal. I like this dealer and have bought all my Jeeps (other cars) from them, so we have a good relationship. I don't have to buy a new Jeep right now as mine is already paid off. This new Recon if I do get it I might just pay cash for, or pay half cash and do the rest with the 0% for 36 months. I have already been approved for 2.4% for 60 months on any new Jeep myself. The dealer did say I would have to finance with them in order to get the price I listed above. Just not sure they can match my rate.

Thoughts/suggestions on that price, or anything else to ask for?

Thanks,

Ken~

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
So I am looking at a new Recon myself. Went and did a test drive yesterday alone as I really wanted to see how loud the Sky One Touch roof was on the highway compared to my JKU hard top with Sunrider. I have to say the Sky One Touch is damn quiet, even on the highway. Was very impressed.

Right now the Recon on the lot as every option that I want and MSRP is: $59,225 but they have it listed at: $52,975 They are going to give me $27k for my 16 JKU Rubicon which I feel is good based on the used car market conditions right now. That means I still need to come to the table with: $25,900 plus tax/title/doc fees. I feel that is too high and I think I could get them to $25k out the door.

I don't want to be greedy, but I do want to feel like I got a good deal. I like this dealer and have bought all my Jeeps (other cars) from them, so we have a good relationship. I don't have to buy a new Jeep right now as mine is already paid off. This new Recon if I do get it I might just pay cash for, or pay half cash and do the rest with the 0% for 36 months. I have already been approved for 2.4% for 60 months on any new Jeep myself. The dealer did say I would have to finance with them in order to get the price I listed above. Just not sure they can match my rate.

Thanks,

Ken~
I’ve decided I’m holding off. Better deals are coming for sure. That Jeep isn’t going anywhere at only 7k off.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks,

Ken~
Everyone is different. I'd finance every penny possible at 0% and invest the money in some discounted stocks.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Yeah as of now I am waiting till at least next week since it will be month end and curious what the dealership does. I don't have to buy or really need to buy, but if the price is right I would.

Ken~
Let us know what you find.

-Steven

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Yeah as of now I am waiting till at least next week since it will be month end and curious what the dealership does.
This is certainly a time-proven strategy, but I suspect that the pandemic impact may have changed all of the old norms.

Good luck, and please report back.
Sponsored