Sponsored

Chicago Auto Show Gladiator Gets Stuck

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I found this Youtube video someone recorded. It did not go off the course. It looks like it broke down and died midway on the course. Passengers were actually stuck in the Gladiator while they were trying to get it down. You can see a woman exiting the front passenger side door at about 2:05 of the video.

The beginning of the video shows 4-5 guys trying to push it. NOT A GOOD IMAGE.

WTF? It's embarrassing as hell to break down at it's own display demonstrating it's "go anywhere" capabilities at the Nation's Largest Auto Show. Hopefully it was slow day and not many people noticed. The negative publicity is going to hurt a little. People will question the Wranglers capability to go anywhere. There will be all kinds of jokes. At about 1:45 in the video you can hear someone yell "It's a Jeep Thing" in the background of the video. lol.

FCA better hope this does not get traction and end up on the news or in some car publication. FCA/JEEP might want to spin it and play it off….or straight up lie! lol Make something up about running out of gas or something…Just a suggestion.

FCA…maybe it's time to work on some Quality Control!

Last edited:

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty embarrassing when you are at a world renowned event to show off its capabilities lol
The largest Auto Show in the Nation. FCA better hope it was a slow day at the show and the news or car magazines don't get wind.

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
57 CJ5, 87 YJ, 2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I found this Youtube video someone recorded. It did not go off the course. It looks like it broke down and died on the course.

The beginning of the video shows 4-5 guys trying to push it. NOT A GOOD IMAGE. lol.

WTF? It's embarrassing as hell to break down at it's own display demonstrating it's "go anywhere" capabilities at the Nation's Largest Auto Show. Hopefully it was slow day and not many people noticed. The negative publicity is going to hurt a little. People will question the Wranglers capability to go anywhere. There will be all kinds of jokes. At about 1:45 in the video you can hear someone yell "It's a Jeep Thing" in the background of the video. lol.

FCA better hope this does not get traction and end up on the news or in some car publication. FCA/JEEP might want to spin it and play it off….or straight up lie! lol Make something up about running out of gas or something…Just a suggestion.

This appears to be a different video than the one that was originally posted..... Definitely an embarrassing moment.....

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This appears to be a different video than the one that was originally posted..... Definitely an embarrassing moment.....
For some reason I did not or could not see the video in the original post?

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
How embarrassing.

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Is this actually 2 different times where a Gladiator failed, or just different angles. Because it looks like it's actually 2 different occasions.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Is this actually 2 different times where a Gladiator failed, or just different angles. Because it looks like it's actually 2 different occasions.
Moral of the story, try not to show off the break over angle of the thing when it hasn’t got any.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know if it's the same or different because the first link did not open for me. I could not view the first link Carlton linked. I found the video I posted on Youtube. There may very well be other videos out there.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I found this Youtube video someone recorded. It did not go off the course. It looks like it broke down and died midway on the course. Passengers were actually stuck in the Gladiator while they were trying to get it down. You can see a woman exiting the front passenger side door at about 2:05 of the video.

The beginning of the video shows 4-5 guys trying to push it. NOT A GOOD IMAGE.

Notice the signage on the left boasting about “breakover” angles. LOL
Sponsored