Sponsored

It has been confirmed I have a rear main seal leak! Unreal!

X3M1ST

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
I wonder if the only way to get this addressed is going to be through Class Action. Based on the numerous posts across various forums (on this and other websites)..I don't think it would be a stretch to get a big firm to represent it!
Sponsored

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Listen ..they name a truck after an incredibly hard trail. They have badges saying trail ready on every wrangler. They have a placard telling you can Ford water and just how deep you can go. They have extended breather tubes from the factory. They have commercials blasting about it. They have their own after market parts. They have vendor and media days on crazy trails and mud and water.

Yes...it will only take a firm that wants to fight it.

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
This really sucks and it’s the exact reason I am leaving mine stock until the warranty is up.

When my rear defroster tab came off, the dealership initially denied the claim and accused me of sanding it and attempting to resolder the tab. WTF? I felt like I was taking crazy pills.

I’ve owned a lot of cars in my life and the Jeep experience has been interesting. I’ve honestly never felt so much like it’s me against the manufacturer, having to constantly fight for every single little thing.

Xerox

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dreaming of JEEP Rubicon
I have been dying to buy a RUBICON for a long time. I understand that if it has been abused that it shouldn't necessarily be covered under warranty. However, this doesn't seem to be the case here and makes me want to run away due to what appears to be HORRIBLE customer service.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
makes me want to run away due to what appears to be HORRIBLE customer service.
That's the kinda stuff Chrysler dealers are famous for lol. They have an absolutely retched reputation on reddit and most of the internet because of it.

Anyway, if it really does prove to be a big problem, it'll probably get covered by some vague TSB just like the head issues on the old 3.6 pentastar the JKs have.

At least it only affects the 3.6. You could consider the 2.0 or the 3.0.

Sponsored

Xerox

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dreaming of JEEP Rubicon
@JeepCares - I know you are selling record volumes of Wranglers right now. However, it does make you wonder how many you would sell if you had a better customer support reputation.

dagrizz

First Name
dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jl wrangler
@JeepCares - I know you are selling record volumes of Wranglers right now. However, it does make you wonder how many you would sell if you had a better customer support reputation.
I’m on day 6 of no one from @JeepCares or the dealership giving me a name or proof that the corporate representative even exists, let alone the credentials of said “representative”. Considering the name is “Jeep Cares” they certainly do not.

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
I wonder if the only way to get this addressed is going to be through Class Action. Based on the numerous posts across various forums (on this and other websites)..I don't think it would be a stretch to get a big firm to represent it!
Lawyers make out in Class Action lawsuits. Everybody else gets a $50 coupon for a MOPAR accessory.

I’m on day 6 of no one from @JeepCares or the dealership giving me a name or proof that the corporate representative even exists, let alone the credentials of said “representative”. Considering the name is “Jeep Cares” they certainly do not.
Jeep Cares serves their corporate master and stays in a narrow swim lane defined by them. I am surprised they are allowed to run around on some of these boards because all they do is just parrot some feigned concern and really do nothing you could not have done yourself most times.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Well, the last few pages of the thread have been quite disheartening to read. I currently believe I have a rear main seal leak, at 11k miles. I take my Rubicon offroading... Alot.... My skids are all dinged up and gouged. I've been through mud, rocks, streams, rivers..... Should be interesting to see if I get denied as well.

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Well, the last few pages of the thread have been quite disheartening to read. I currently believe I have a rear main seal leak, at 11k miles. I take my Rubicon offroading... Alot.... My skids are all dinged up and gouged. I've been through mud, rocks, streams, rivers..... Should be interesting to see if I get denied as well.
Good luck

Sponsored

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
They replaced the rear main in my 2016 JKUR with 35’s on it and they had to removed the Rock Hard skid plates to do it. And it had all the undercarriage scars from the Rubicon Trail and I’m sure there was sand packed everywhere from the dunes that are an hour from my house...

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
How much does this replacing the rear main seal cost?
Id expect to be quoted 450-700 depending on the shop and their honesty

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Took my Jeep to the dealership today, they confirmed its an RMS leak. They will replace it under warranty. I spoke with him about people getting denied warranty work due to "excessive" mud and he laughed. He stated that any mechanic who denies warranty work due to mud just doesn't feel like doing the job.
Sponsored