First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

Got my JL last week and want to detail it this weekend. I've got wash, wax, interior wipe down cleaner but was wondering what works best on the black sections of the freedom top? I was thinking Armor All? What products do you guys use to keep the hardtop in great condition? Have you tried waxing it?
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Dielectric grease, for seals around the doors and tops.
Walmart

ChimpanZed

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
... what works best on the black sections of the freedom top? I was thinking Armor All?
The black freedom top is just textured paint. Don't use Armor All (there, or anywhere else as it leaves a greasy residue that attracts dirt). I use detail spray that has some wax in it. Something like Griot's "Best in Show" or any similar Meguiar's detail spray will do just fine. You can use a paste or liquid way as well, but pick something that doesn't leave a white residue.

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
sometimes I put meguire's express wax on the top. it's cheap by the gallon and really easy to use.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Word of advice from a former pro retailer - do NOT ever use Armor All on anything. Ever. If you own any throw it out. It is garbage. It does more harm than good.

There are dozens of better alternatives from reputable companies that make quality detailing products.

Sponsored

Powerwagon1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1982 Jeep CJ5, 2017 Powerwagon
I use Meguiars Ultimate Quick wax on mine with good results. No white residue and safe for decals (According to Meguiars)

Digiwolf

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Word of advice from a former pro retailer - do NOT ever use Armor All on anything. Ever. If you own any throw it out. It is garbage. It does more harm than good.

There are dozens of better alternatives from reputable companies that make quality detailing products.
:LOL:
Sponsored