clemson

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP JL SAHARA UNLIMITED
1 minute ago
I did two mods to the JL....one was auxiliary braking system for towing and an S&B CAI. Some weeks passed and error code P1CEA appeared. This code points you towards the fuel delivery system and pressurization. A trip to the first dealer costs me $160 and they said the aux braking system had tied into the vacuum line on the booster causing the error. After discussions with DEMCO(maker of aux braking system) this diagnosis was way off base. Code was cleared and reappeared 2 weeks later. After getting JEEP in Detroit involved they sent trouble shooting guidance to dealer....dealer now says the S&B CAI does not provide sufficient airflow to the turbo, when it is in boost mode. Total cost for these diagnostic checks is $240, since none of this is warranty covered. I called S&B and immediately when I mentioned the error code they said “yes we messed up the air intake tube design”. A new assembly is being sent. Why weren’t registered owners notified, they said nothing AND if they coverthe costs associated to owners to discover their design flaw, theysaid NO! If you are contemplating getting the S&B CAI BEWARE!

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
1 minute ago
I did two mods to the JL....one was auxiliary braking system for towing and an S&B CAI. Some weeks passed and error code P1CEA appeared. This code points you towards the fuel delivery system and pressurization. A trip to the first dealer costs me $160 and they said the aux braking system had tied into the vacuum line on the booster causing the error. After discussions with DEMCO(maker of aux braking system) this diagnosis was way off base. Code was cleared and reappeared 2 weeks later. After getting JEEP in Detroit involved they sent trouble shooting guidance to dealer....dealer now says the S&B CAI does not provide sufficient airflow to the turbo, when it is in boost mode. Total cost for these diagnostic checks is $240, since none of this is warranty covered. I called S&B and immediately when I mentioned the error code they said “yes we messed up the air intake tube design”. A new assembly is being sent. Why weren’t registered owners notified, they said nothing AND if they coverthe costs associated to owners to discover their design flaw, theysaid NO! If you are contemplating getting the S&B CAI BEWARE!
A 5 minute good search would have showed you that the P1CEA is caused by the S&B....

clemson

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No shit. However any company that professes to be an ISO Certified engineering firm would have contacted owners of their friggin product when the design flaw was discovered.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
No shit. However any company that professes to be an ISO Certified engineering firm would have contacted owners of their friggin product when the design flaw was discovered.
Did you order direct or via a reseller?

I ordered direct from S&B and they sent me both updates without even asking.

clemson

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered directly from S&B. When I searched the JL forum site this was what I found months ago

“Seems to be tied to a hose collapse or disconnect related to the EVAP purge system. Google it, and you'll see a ton of issues on Fiat vehicles, as well as Jeeps. If you don't see a hose that's disconnected or pinched, take it to your dealer to trace it. Good luck!”

This is why I took it to the dealer as no one expects an ISO Certified company to have this type of flaw.

Sponsored

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I haven’t been on here in a while, so the code that’d thrown every now & then that I just clear on my Tazer has a correction to it from S&B? I wasn’t aware of this.

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
EHS
Hey guys, way late here but has anyone tried the Mishimoto that came out this month. I was thinking of calling them and asking a few questions. I have a concern their air intake will be too quiet for my liking...I was thinking about a catless downpipe but wouldn’t that throw a CEL? Thanks in advance and I did read all 10 pages about S&B. Glad that’s sorted out

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hey guys, way late here but has anyone tried the Mishimoto that came out this month. I was thinking of calling them and asking a few questions. I have a concern their air intake will be too quiet for my liking...I was thinking about a catless downpipe but wouldn’t that throw a CEL? Thanks in advance and I did read all 10 pages about S&B. Glad that’s sorted out
they just started shipping the intakes the other day. I’ll have mine on Wednesday. If you have questions feel free to send them a pm or call them. They’re more than happy to answer questions for you.

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
EHS
they just started shipping the intakes the other day. I’ll have mine on Wednesday. If you have questions feel free to send them a pm or call them. They’re more than happy to answer questions for you.
Awesome I just put order in for the pipe and air intake