ania.manning

ania.manning

First Name
Ania
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
The Cathedral Valley loop trail in Capitol Reef National Park. It is 60 miles long. We did it two years ago in our stock JKU Sport without any issue. Not particularly difficult. Almost no one out there. Very scenic. The Capitol Reef National Park Visitor Center sells a map/brochure that explains many of the stops and sites. It probably took us about 6-8 hours including stops.

https://capitolreef.org/trails/cathedral-valley/
Oh we may stop by on our way there or on the way back, thank you!
Sponsored

OP
OP
ania.manning

ania.manning

First Name
Ania
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another good resource for trails in Utah and other western states is jeeptheusa.com. It is completely free and does not require any sort of registration.
I will check it out thank you!

OP
OP
ania.manning

ania.manning

First Name
Ania
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was in the area last year and explored in a rental wrangler. Incredible! Be sure to download maps off line or print them out before you go limited cell service in some areas out there. Enjoy!
Oh we will for sure! Thank you!

OP
OP
ania.manning

ania.manning

First Name
Ania
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did this back in 2017 in a stock 2 Door JK. It's a really fun drive and some open stretches allow you to get into the throttle a bit and do some "baja-ing". Again, not difficult whatsoever. The campground at roughly the half-way point of the loop is a great stopping point for the night. The stars are incredible. We saw one other vehicle during the entire loop.
Is there a lot of sand? Because I'm worried our 4 door might sink if there is...

OP
OP
ania.manning

ania.manning

First Name
Ania
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There’s a fun trail near Mt Carmel Junction going towards Kanab called Barrack’s trail.
Thank you! I will add this to our trip!

Sponsored

OP
OP
ania.manning

ania.manning

First Name
Ania
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sand hollow is great - everything from entry level Trails to 7-8s.
That's perfect because im entry level and my husband is experienced so he wont get bored lol

OP
OP
ania.manning

ania.manning

First Name
Ania
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would say check out Sand Hollow. That place is amazing! I was there in early Jan. and will be going back for sure.

https://utahpla.com/

Utah Public Land Alliance is an awesome page for trail maps and .gpx tracks for trails. It has great coverage of all the good spots. It does cost a 1 time fee of 25$, but it is a good cause, and the trail maps are well worth it.
Oh wonderful! Thank you! We will use it for sure!

OP
OP
ania.manning

ania.manning

First Name
Ania
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of trails in the area. Check the jeep the USA site someone listed above.

Moab area and cathedral valley in Capitol reef aren’t really close to where you will be, But, if you have more time you should check them out—or do another trip dedicated to each.

Edit: check around the city of hurricane—I think that’s where they do the winter Jeep jamboree
We are going to stop by moab on the way home (how could we not?! Lol) and will definitely add hurricane to the list thank you! And Capitol reef

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
The Poverty Flats Trail begins just 1/2 mile east of the Zion's National Park eastern boundary, and is on the south side of the highway 9. It takes you south and back toward the park boundary and has some spectacular scenery along with some fun four wheeling. It is worth checking out and will make for a good day trip.

clayps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Is there a lot of sand? Because I'm worried our 4 door might sink if there is...
No. The roads are primarily dirt/gravel. I wouldn’t be concerned about getting stuff whatsoever. Avoid the area if theres been rain or rain in the forecast during your visit as the roads can turn to real slick mud making handling and traction very tricky.

OP
OP
ania.manning

ania.manning

First Name
Ania
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
we are in zion and we found a trail called grafton Mesa, it's easy but gorgeous. There's a ghost town called grafton highly recommend! Thanks yall!
20200213_123628.jpg

20200213_101701.jpg
Sponsored