First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Idk if this has been posted elsewhere, but this is a good indicator of the sound. It sounds absolutely fantastic to me.

Ironically, that the same clip that I posted that originally freaked me out over the noise. One man's meat is another man's poison - certainly true here.
Sponsored

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
Ironically, that the same clip that I posted that originally freaked me out over the noise. One man's meat is another man's poison - certainly true here.
Great point... I guess it depends on what your doing with your Jeep.. I am not sure I would like the clatter in the deep sierras.. i know - driven diesels for many years..

Last summer was a hoot as we idle over trails, top and doors off with barely a noise from the v6... To be honest.. I am really looking forward to full electric = zero noise.. The jeeps I was with in the sierras were v8's and I kept my distance so I could enjoy the trail all the more..

I look forward to driving one.. but my expectations are in check.. I don't think it will overcome my obstacles (weight, noise, complexity)..

I hope I am wrong..

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '76 FJ40, '17 BMW 650i Gran coupe
After putting nearly 100 miles on mine, it’s not very noisy at all. Even with the skytouch top back. You can definitely hear the clatter, but it’s nothing like the Cummins of old. I was stunned when I first heard how quiet it was

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR

Matt says it’s pretty loud in his review. I love to hear that, now I’d just like to hear my own. Come on FCA.

Sponsored

YZ212

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Grand Cherokee Ordering JL Rubi

Matt says it’s pretty loud in his review. I love to hear that, now I’d just like to hear my own. Come on FCA.
I find myself turning down the radio and cracking the window to hear it. You definitely know it's a diesel.

UTES

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Sahara, 2018 AMG GT, 2019 MB GLC
Occupation
Retired LEO
Excellent.

Hunter

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon diesel
I've had my diesel now for a little over two weeks. I traded my 2018 2.0 L for the diesel am not disappointed.
The 2.0 had a lot of off the line power, and I had no issues with its abilities out in the desert or on the rocks.
But the diesel engine just sounds so much better, and the Wrangler feels more substantial, with the additional weight. Even with 37s on it, the diesel's torque takes care of any weight concerns, and the thing just gets up and goes! If anyone has any concerns about the diesel, they need to take a test drive comparison.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I've had my diesel now for a little over two weeks. I traded my 2018 2.0 L for the diesel am not disappointed.
The 2.0 had a lot of off the line power, and I had no issues with its abilities out in the desert or on the rocks.
But the diesel engine just sounds so much better, and the Wrangler feels more substantial, with the additional weight. Even with 37s on it, the diesel's torque takes care of any weight concerns, and the thing just gets up and goes! If anyone has any concerns about the diesel, they need to take a test drive comparison.
Totally agree...running 35s until the snow melts, but the thing gets out of its own way with much more authority than my 3.6 ever did. I have yet to need 4L because the torque in 4H has been more than adequate off road.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I haven't been around diesels much at all, but I'm trying to like this engine. I just want to make sure that my neighbors like it as well when it starts up at 6:00 am. Not to mention the fact that noisy diesel seems to be antiqued. Just stand next to a M-B diesel and you'll have to strain to hear it. <--That's what I was hoping for. :)
After living with my JLURD for over a year, I couldn't have been more wrong. The sound of the easy lope at idle is intoxicating.

Sponsored

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
After living with my JLURD for over a year, I couldn't have been more wrong. The sound of the easy lope at idle is intoxicating.
My daughter says mine sounds like a school bus. I’d call that a win.

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
I have had my diesel jeep for going on 22 months. Zero problems. I also have a GC diesel and an older 2002 F350 diesel with the 7.3L engine. To me the sound of the engine is great. The ability to literally idle over obstacles is amazing. When my 35 inch tires wear out I am going to 37 and expect no worries. When I went over some decent sized rocks on Bronco Peak, the others said that I made it look easy.

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
I have a 12v and 24v Cummins. The 24v is the loudest thing ever.
Sponsored