Sponsored

LI NY Members-How long do you wait for an appt?

Baddjonez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
Looking for a consensus, I live on Long Island in NY. My dealer just told me if i want to make an appt for a service there is a 3 week wait. They said that I can use their "Express" lane with no appointment but said the wait can be several hours( 2 to 3). The Nissan dealer I used down the block that does twice the service business has an express and gets it done 9 times out of 10 within an hour or less. Tell me your dealer you might recommend and your experience here on the Island. Thanks
Sponsored

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL UNLIMITED SAHARA
I usually have to wait about two to three weeks also. Westbury Jeep usually busy compared to bayside Jeep, however the service at westbury Jeep is way better!

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Looking for a consensus, I live on Long Island in NY. My dealer just told me if i want to make an appt for a service there is a 3 week wait. They said that I can use their "Express" lane with no appointment but said the wait can be several hours( 2 to 3). The Nissan dealer I used down the block that does twice the service business has an express and gets it done 9 times out of 10 within an hour or less. Tell me your dealer you might recommend and your experience here on the Island. Thanks
I've been to Westbury once and never again. Went to do a Jeep Wave oil change and took about 4 hours despite going in first thing in the morning. I've been to Garden City a few times for warranty work and it's been alright in terms of wait time. I usually book an appointment online and I can find one within a week. However now that I am checking online appointments, I get an error so maybe they stopped doing it?

mrsnorkel99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Tacoma, soon to be jeep owner
I had to wait about a month for the v41 recall. But dealer can only schedule so many in a week. Butt dealer was fast and did not install shock upside down. I was in and out less then a hour.
They were Browns jeep in Patchogue.

SDot

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR HellaYella
Just got my steering recall and dash reflash at merrick dodge, in wantagh. I waited apprx 2 weeks for an appointment. The lady that booked me set me up with a loaner since she said they'd want to keep my jeep for the recall. As simple as it was I wanted to wait but she couldn't guarantee me a time frame. Dropped off at 0930 and picked up at 3pm. Used a jeep wave oil change too while I was there. Can't say I was ever wowed by their service but they get the job done and probably most local to me.

Sponsored

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Better than the 3-4 month's I was told I had to wait when my Jeep broke down.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

My wife an I have been purchasing vehicles from Westbury CJDR for years. We know the owner. That being said, we will never purchase another one there ever again. I had a wheel speed sensor go on my '15 JKU and they told me it would be a month plus before I could even get an appointment. Don't even ask how long it would have been if I wanted a loaner. I called Atlantic CJDR (soon to be Empire) and they took me in same day. Issue was fixed in about 2 hours. My wife has an issue with ESS in her '17 Grand Cherokee. She needs her vehicle for work, so it is critical that she can get a loaner. Nope, 2 month wait when she called Westbury service.

When I decided to trade in my '15 this past Sunday, I went straight to Atlantic/Empire. They had what I wanted in stock and for the first time ever, I drove a new vehicle home the same day. They process everything (insurance, DMV) in house. That would never happen at Westbury. I would always make a deal and have to wait several days for the vehicle to be ready (even if it was in stock). I told my sales person about my wife's vehicle and she said to call service and they'll take care of it.

Bye, bye Westbury.

ale70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I've been lucky....Town & Country usually gives me an appointment within 3 days. Actually, last time I had an appointment for the Aux Switch install and I showed up a day early and they still did it....

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
Westbury is downright laughable.
I reached out to them about 2 months ago regarding one that was a possible leftover. I asked one question.....one. "was the vehicle ever titled".

9 emails from later, I finally told them to f.o.a.d., REFUSED to answer the question.

I live about 115 miles away. was a $66k jeep. I kind of would like to know before I drive 2 states away.

Conforte

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL / 2 Door
I live in Massapequa... when I was looking to purchase, I went to them ALL... Westbury, Security.... etc... All thieves, and yes, your vehicle comes out worse than it went in when serviced... I cannot stand that feeling you get in your stomach when you bring your truck into them...

So, I scouted hard and found Healey Brothers up in Beacon... awesome people, great service department, and I set up lil road trips on a Saturday morning to get things done. Yes, it is a commitment and investment driving up the Taconic... but I TRUST them and its worth it...

and no, I am NOT connected to anyone up there... just a loyal customer now... These are just some really nice people....

Call ahead:

Jeff Roscino / Service Manager
Healey Brothers Chrysler Dodge & Jeep
557 Route 52
Beacon NY 12508

(845) 220-9330

or

Danielle Fayo
Service Coordinator
Healey Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Office: 845-220-9331
Main line: 845-831-1148

Forget these Long Island Dealerships.... they are horrible in every way.
Sponsored