Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
couple things.

"jailbreaking" is not that big of a deal and does not present as many security concerns on the iphone as people are led to believe. On Android, there could be more of an issue if not done correctly, but if you follow directions well, you will be fine.

and by the way, there is a very easy way to avoid the security concerns....

Do not store financial data, or access to it, on your (damn) phone. It is a great tool, sure, use it to check your checking account balance, knock yourself out. Just don't store username or passwords. Easy game.

and LOL "Quick Pay". don't get me started.

ok, off my soapbox

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
:beer:
couple things.

"jailbreaking" is not that big of a deal and does not present as many security concerns on the iphone as people are led to believe. On Android, there could be more of an issue if not done correctly, but if you follow directions well, you will be fine.

and by the way, there is a very easy way to avoid the security concerns....

Do not store financial data, or access to it, on your (damn) phone. It is a great tool, sure, use it to check your checking account balance, knock yourself out. Just don't store username or passwords. Easy game.

and LOL "Quick Pay". don't get me started.

ok, off my soapbox
Jail breaking itself doesnā€™t open that big a hole, I agree. Installing all the whiz-bang apps from outside the App Store is another thing, entirely. For those of us who are savvy (Iā€™m a software developer) and who understand what theyā€™re doing, have at it. For the average Joe, however, I have to strongly advise that they not open this can of worms.

You are savvy enough not to store financial data on your phone, but most are not. Most Americans old enough to buy Jeeps have Facebook on their phones, Ring doorbells, and Alexa in their houses. You canā€™t think those people should be installing apps from unknown sources, surely.

For those of us with a work provided device, jail breaking is grounds for termination.

Iā€™ll climb down off my soapbox now, too. :beer:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tritonman

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
Did anyone have any luck with it? Does it really work?
I'm waiting on some more parts to come in before I can try it.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Amen, took my mom to 97 doctors appointments in 6 months. I hated waiting in the waiting room full of sick people. Sitting in the parking lot watching movies would have been awesome.
Ted,
I bought a 4G tablet for similar reasons. I can''t live without it. I am connected as long as there is a cell signal. Netflix and all the other streaming stuff is at my fingertips. I've had tablets 4G connected for at least 6 or 7 years now. Im trying to figure out how I want to mount it in the Jeep.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Ted,
I bought a 4G tablet for similar reasons. I can''t live without it. I am connected as long as there is a cell signal. Netflix and all the other streaming stuff is at my fingertips. I've had tablets 4G connected for at least 6 or 7 years now. Im trying to figure out how I want to mount it in the Jeep.
67 Design makes fancy stuff. I used this to mount a tablet in my JLUR

tVUqm_rTFSFj933Y8iMRs19HvBi-gy0akrrm8pMZn_htga7EJwBa4Ax0Q2FTIckan8AFFFNE9lSFAHf3Pg=w1346-h757-no.jpg

fbYdcFiCcchtZzYo-3MLV0Mq5m37gTXvdQ7lh89LSdQMmFhWyKiNEhqUnH_bQ7U6s4rmP_ZU6yH6mhMWzg=w1346-h757-no.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008BPC19O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PZZYR4K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Ted, I'm looking at that handle, but I saw the airbag door there. I think the airbag deploys above the handle and the little cover needs a clear path. I was looking at buying a spare radio/HVAC bezel and attaching to the bolt holding the handle on. I'd have to modify the bezel around the radio/HVAC controls. I haven't pulled the bezel off yet to see what's in there. But I'm guessing there's a bolt head.

radio bezel.JPG

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Ted, I'm looking at that handle, but I saw the airbag door there. I think the airbag deploys above the handle and the little cover needs a clear path. I was looking at buying a spare radio/HVAC bezel and attaching to the bolt holding the handle on. I'd have to modify the bezel around the radio/HVAC controls. I haven't pulled the bezel off yet to see what's in there. But I'm guessing there's a bolt head.

radio bezel.JPG
After seeing this I switched over the the 67 Design mounts.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
After seeing this I switched over the the 67 Design mounts.
Ted,
Thanks for the lead. I like the system. I haven''t set anything in that tray where this goes anyway. I also stumbled on the "Bulletproof Mounting Solutions" stuff. Same location, no rail system.

Are you happy with the 67 Designs mount?

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Ted,
Thanks for the lead. I like the system. I haven''t set anything in that tray where this goes anyway. I also stumbled on the "Bulletproof Mounting Solutions" stuff. Same location, no rail system.

I am very happy. I bought the phone mount, camera mount and the tablet mount all hooked to the rail. I have used it twice off road already for about 200 miles and of course on the street. It holds everything solid, no rattles and you can position stuff right where you want it. I did cry when I hit the buy button. Cried hard in fact. The stuff is very well made, looks awesome and form, fit and finish is excellent. I do not regret buying it. I wish that I would have done it sooner instead of buying multiple phone holders and tablet holders off amazon first. I should of just bought the 67 Design stuff first and not messed with the other stuff.

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian

radio bezel.JPG
Ram has started shipping these:
https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-DT-204-TRACK-A12U

Stomper

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
Ted,

I already have the Bulletproof mount. They just released a mount for the passenger side. I have one on the way and will be mounting A 8" Samsung tablet on it. I will get some pics of it when I get it. with all this Covid junk who know when all my parts will arrive.