Sponsored

Does my sport look lifted.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Was the guy you bought it off asking $50K or more? If not, I doubt it is lifted as that's what everyone that lifts a Jeep apparently thinks its work ;)

Kidding aside, the only way to know for sure is to look underneath, but if you like it, and it rides well, then why mess with it? I regretted lifting my JK as I never used it to its potential, but I drove on the highway all the time!
Sponsored

Coletrickle

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 TJ Rubicon, 19 JLU Rubicon, 21 JT Mojave
Occupation
Build Electricity with Coal
That was on the stock tires, so that's how much the springs lifted it. I have not measured it since putting on the 285's.

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
This is what my 2 door Jl Sport S measured before the lift. From top of tire tread (285/70R17 BFG KO2's) to fender line. All four corners measured equal.

JL Measurement.jpg

OP
OP
Mrmojo78

Mrmojo78

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL unlimited sport
Occupation
Crime scene remediation field supervisor
That was on the stock tires, so that's how much the springs lifted it. I have not measured it since putting on the 285's.
If I can get 2" with rubi springs and KO2, I'll be happy with that

Sponsored

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler unlimited sport, 1978 Jeep CJ7
2019 Sport S stock suspension with Rubicon take off tires.

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If I can get 2" with rubi springs and KO2, I'll be happy with that
Agree. Get a rubicon suspension from a rig that was fully optioned ( hard top steel bumpers tow package ). It’s the best bang for the buck for us sport guys. It will drive like stock and take you anywhere you would dare to go.
Here’s mine with the rubicon takeoffs and 285 70 17 KO2’s
upload_2020-2-12_8-18-53.jpeg

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
With Rubi takeoff wheels/tires with stock sport S suspension, mine was 35-1/2" front and 36-1/2" rear. Measuring ground to fender with roughly 35psi.
Hard top with tow package. Plastic bumpers.

OP
OP
Mrmojo78

Mrmojo78

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL unlimited sport
Occupation
Crime scene remediation field supervisor
Agree. Get a rubicon suspension from a rig that was fully optioned ( hard top steel bumpers tow package ). It’s the best bang for the buck for us sport guys. It will drive like stock and take you anywhere you would dare to go.
Here’s mine with the rubicon takeoffs and 285 70 17 KO2’s
upload_2020-2-12_8-18-53.jpeg
That looks nice.

Sponsored

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
I am also running Rubi wheel/tires on my sport. It gives a slight lift but I definitely would not call it lifted, but I’m happy with the look!

E7B095F9-96FD-4A3B-998B-86ACBA3690C1.png

FD63374F-AECB-4BD1-A137-179B0BE29240.jpeg

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Hey jeepers.

I bought my sport used and I was deciding on a lift kit. But now that I look at my jeep, it looks higher than most sports on the road. I did replace my stock wheels with rubi wheels with ko2 but the height between the top of the tire and fenders look higher than usual. What is the standard height of a stock sport with rubies takeoffs. Too lazy to go under the jeep.or peel back the fender liners. Thanks in advance... see my profile pic with the ko2s
Al,

There are likely 27 ways to Sunday to measure your ride height, with just as many opinions to say which is the best. I'll supply before and after pics showing the difference of a dealer installed Mopar 2" lift. I measured an effective average height increase of about 2.5" on the driver side and 2.25" on the passenger side. However, I did have a full tank of gas when I did this initial measurement (with the first two pics below). The passenger side height only increased by about another 1/8" when empty.

Regardless, I hope this gives you some impression of the difference between a stock footprint and a lifted result with the exact same wheels/tires.

BTW: I'm really liking the investment so far. Rides and feels very much like stock, a little stiffer but certainly taller. No steering issues whatsoever. Both camber and caster seem identical to the stock setup. No drift, no play and drives straight just like it did on the original factory suspension. My opinion is that this is probably how FCA should manufacture these Jeeps in the first place, or at least offer it as a build option. This to me is how a Jeep JL should be. I like it.

For the true off-road, Rubi bad-ass die-hard, this lift is likely for whimps. Well I'll bet my 3.6L Auto Sport S will now go 98% of the places they can, excluding the cliff-climbing and boulder-bouncing extremes they brag about, but only because of the non-locking open 3.45 diffs. However, I'm still getting just over 25 mpg city/highway combined. Of course, the 35's when they're eventually mounted should decrease this just a smidge.

Unforetunately because of the CV insanity, my Fuel Ammo Anthracite 17x9 (-12 mm offset) wheels that I really desire are not available. I plan on mating them with the 35" Goodyear Duratrac Wrangler All Terrain tires as soon as they do. So I'm still riding around with my stock 32's.

Jay

IMG_20200318_191705.jpg

IMG_20200320_175217_1.jpg

IMG_20200411_110026.jpg
Sponsored