Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

So after a little more than 4 months with my Sport I traded her in for a Rubicon tonight. Would have not thought in a million years I would trade up in such a short time but my local dealer(that I actually worked at some years back gave me a deal I could not refuse. Almost 10K off sticker and gave me almost the purchase price for my sport(minus the wheels and tires but I can live with that). More than 20% below invoice after discount and rebates. Pretty fully loaded, pretty much everything but safety group and 8.4. Im beyond excited. Heres a quick pic I got at the dealer.

IMG_1079.jpg
Now I need to go to the dealer and see what I can do. Looks great

OP
OP
AlexJeepVB

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
Thanks everyone. I really did like my sport but I'm in love with the Rubicon. Didn't think I cared about all of the features, but man especially if you can find a deal like this one you get so much value for not that much more its crazy.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Yupp they are the Wildpeak's yea listed as a free option on the sticker.
Nice looking, a black Rubicon looks Bad Ass! For the first few minutes anyway. lol Black would be my first choice if I had a detailer on payroll. lol I owned about 6-7 black cars. I love black but can't do the wipe downs and car washes all the time anymore. Look into a good protective polish and stay ahead of it. I don't need to tell you to enjoy your new JLR. You definitely will! Again, Congrats!

Sponsored

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
Yep! Congrats on the two door and welcome! Nice looking ride!

OP
OP
AlexJeepVB

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice looking, a black Rubicon looks Bad Ass! For the first few minutes anyway. lol Black would be my first choice if I had a detailer on payroll. lol I owned about 6-7 black cars. I love black but can't do the wipe downs and car washes all the time anymore. Look into a good protective polish and stay ahead of it. I don't need to tell you to enjoy your new JLR. You definitely will! Again, Congrats!
Thanks again. Yea I had a 2013 Jk Rubicon on 37's that was black so I know all about how much of a pain it will get to be lol. There really is nothing that looks better than freshly detailed black, but I'm fully aware those are few and far between moments lol.

Last edited:

Newdeal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
For a Rubicon...I prefer the quick wash.

IMG_5140.jpg
VA72, I’m a new wrangler owner. I was on a similar trail with a similar water situation. I have a stock Sahara with stock AT tires. I know wranglers are great off road but I was very concerned about getting stuck in the mud that may be beneath the water. I was alone which probably isn’t the smartest idea. I made it through but do you think my concerns are valid or is this something the a Sahara should be able to handle on a regular basis. I understand that each situation is different but just trying to get a general feel for capability. Others feel free to weigh in.

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
VA72, I’m a new wrangler owner. I was on a similar trail with a similar water situation. I have a stock Sahara with stock AT tires. I know wranglers are great off road but I was very concerned about getting stuck in the mud that may be beneath the water. I was alone which probably isn’t the smartest idea. I made it through but do you think my concerns are valid or is this something the a Sahara should be able to handle on a regular basis. I understand that each situation is different but just trying to get a general feel for capability. Others feel free to weigh in.
Even with my winch, I would not have likely gone through that without a partner and or someone else going first.

Sponsored

Jgroux

First Name
J C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
This is exactly what I want to do - love my JL sport, bought in November, Less then 1500 miles on it and need to trade in for rubi recon. Where’s your dealer?

OP
OP
AlexJeepVB

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is exactly what I want to do - love my JL sport, bought in November, Less then 1500 miles on it and need to trade in for rubi recon. Where’s your dealer?
Im in Virginia Beach and got lucky with a late 19 build they still had 7/19 build date. A little far from where you are haha. I would look around local dealers and see if you can also find a leftover 19. The rebates are insane 2K + another 2K if you own a current Jeep and that's all before dealer discount.

TEOTWAWKI Rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 1955 Ford Thunderbird
Wow, those deals make me want to go out and shop for a Rubicon. And I already have one!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I see you are in MI. What part of MI, how far from the Chicago area? I believe there is a dealer here in the Chicago area that is doing 7%-under invoice with Affiliate or Tread lightly. You have to be a TL member for 30 days or more at the time of actual delivery. Let me know if your interested and I can forward the salesman and dealer contact info to you.
Sponsored