Sponsored

JL Bikini Tops?

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
Found them - what are factory cable door surrounds?

And will this work if I have a hard top removed?

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Bestop makes this bikini situation as clear as mud.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
We saw your post above and spent some time building some graphics that might help.

Before getting into the part numbers, there are usually two types of bikinis:

Header style - typically the choice for those that are interested in taking their doors off

Cable style - comes preassembled with the header and has cables that run down the sides and requires cable-style door surrounds. This style is usually the choice for those who keep their full steel doors on their Wrangler.

Both of the following are for our header style safari bikinis.
Note: We don't have an ETA on offering cable-style versions at this time.

For the JL 4 Door...

jl_header_safari_bikini-4DR-explained.jpg

For the JL 2 Door...
jl_header_safari_bikini-2DR-explained.jpg

The Windhshield Channel Header (5124401) is available. All of the remaining parts referenced above aren't available yet. We expect them to arrive in the warehouse mid/late April. They are available on our web site for pre-order.

The combination of what you intend to do with doors, door surrounds, and tops make the permutations confusing.

Hopefully, this helps a bit. If you need additional help figuring out exactly what you need, give our customer service team a call as they can help. Their number is 800-845-3567.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Last edited:

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
This is exactly what I want, for the 2 door. Cable type so bikini can flip back, at last !! Plus the Duster, and windbreaker, for the Roadster look.
So these will be available in April ?

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
This is exactly what I want, for the 2 door. Cable type so bikini can flip back, at last !! Plus the Duster, and windbreaker, for the Roadster look.
So these will be available in April ?
Looks like I could have done a better job highlighting the caveat about the cable-style version. :(

Unfortunately, I don't have an ETA on when the cable version will be available. I've got an inquiry into the team asking about this but won't hear anything back until middle of next week.

I'll make a note to follow up here as soon as I get some additional info. In the meantime, I've edited my post above to call out the caveat a bit more visibly.

Thanks

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got it. So the cable style on your website is actually a photo of the other style it seems? I don’t see door surrounds there, or above. Hard tops don’t even have door surrounds, no? Sorry my “18 is my first Jeep since my “89.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
What I'm looking forward to is a flip back Safari Bikini, my JK had one, Duster Cover ( aka Tonneau ) and the Wind Breaker, for a 2 Door...perfect Summer Combo where it rains with 5 minute warning..

Chrishegs27

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
In case anyone is looking the Rampage extended brief top looks to be back in stock! Was just able to order mine in their website.

Sponsored

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I understand now. Anyone know if this interferes with the Mopar grab handles? It looks like it might.
Also, if I have a hard top and I want cables driven I assume I need to buy door surrounds, right?

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I got it. So the cable style on your website is actually a photo of the other style it seems? I don’t see door surrounds there, or above. Hard tops don’t even have door surrounds, no? Sorry my “18 is my first Jeep since my “89.
Can you tell me where you were looking on our site? If you take the following path you should see the Header version shown versus the cable-style.

Shop by Product >> Bikini Top & Fabric Accessories >> Bikini Tops >> Extended Safari Bikini
Choose Jeep 2020 Wrangler
4 Door

jl_header_style_safari_bikini_w_windjammer_duster-600x400-a35dccc (1).jpg

If this isn't what you are seeing you've likely gone down a different product select (all the bikini options and partial tops can be challenging to sort through).

I'm likely missing something key in what you are looking for so let me know and I'll help however I can.

Thanks

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Can you tell me where you were looking on our site? If you take the following path you should see the Header version shown versus the cable-style.

Shop by Product >> Bikini Top & Fabric Accessories >> Bikini Tops >> Extended Safari Bikini
Choose Jeep 2020 Wrangler
4 Door

jl_header_style_safari_bikini_w_windjammer_duster-600x400-a35dccc (1).jpg

If this isn't what you are seeing you've likely gone down a different product select (all the bikini options and partial tops can be challenging to sort through).

I'm likely missing something key in what you are looking for so let me know and I'll help however I can.

Thanks

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
May be some confusion because that bikini top's (the one pictured above) description talks about needing door surrounds and cable style stuff.
So the pic is non cable style but the description is. Here’s a pic

6BDCCEA9-9DCD-4F00-B4D9-3468F085B76D.jpeg

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
May be some confusion because that bikini top's (the one pictured above) description talks about needing door surrounds and cable style stuff.
So the pic is non cable style but the description is. Here’s a pic

6BDCCEA9-9DCD-4F00-B4D9-3468F085B76D.jpeg
Gotcha. I see it now! Thanks for pointing this out!

I'll work with the team to get this corrected.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com