Sponsored

What should I pay a shop for a 2" suspension lift Kit with shock replacement?

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
  • Banned
Title says it all. What do you think is a fair price to have a minimal spring lift kit put in correctly. (With re-allignment and other needed things? ). - Not a shade tree mechanic or back yard operation (or your cousin Eddy).....but a shop with reasonable equipment and a good reputation for doing this job correctly.
Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’d say the title does not say it all. You can include the bare minimum components to lift it 2” or you can buy a complete kit. Each will have different parts cost and install costs.

Do you already have a lift and are looking for ballpark figures for getting it installed? If so, specify what you have. A basic kit could be 3 hours labor and a full kit could be 8-12.

If it’s a basic kit then you won’t have replaced any components with adjustable ones so an alignment would only be to center the steering wheel. You can do that yourself in under 5 minutes, or so could your normal installer.

If a full kit, get a 4 wheel alignment and that could be between $100-200

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
OP, are you asking how much labor should be? Or parts + labor?

OP
OP
Foggy47

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
  • Banned
OP, are you asking how much labor should be? Or parts + labor?

Well, we could break it out either way. I realize a shop needs to make some money .....and part of that can come from the parts sales. I was more curious about the amount of labor involved here. Just unsure of the hours involved.......and I dont have enough jacks and stands to want to tackle this myself. I'm also getting old......so it's hard to get off the floor......lol.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
It really depends on what the kit includes. Do you have one in mind?

Location can also be a major factor in price.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Foggy47

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
  • Banned

Been focussed on the Dynatrac, Mopar or

Yeah....I suppose the rates vary.....but I been focused on the Mopar or Dynatrac 2" lifts with springs and shocks. I do know fair prices for these lift kits.....I do not know how much labor is involved. I suspect there is 1/2 days labor or so? for an accomplished mechanic with the right equipment to do the job. Dunno.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Been focussed on the Dynatrac, Mopar or

Yeah....I suppose the rates vary.....but I been focused on the Mopar or Dynatrac 2" lifts with springs and shocks. I do know fair prices for these lift kits.....I do not know how much labor is involved. I suspect there is 1/2 days labor or so? for an accomplished mechanic with the right equipment to do the job. Dunno.
For those kits it is common to be charged 5-6 hours of labor.

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I got two quotes for installing my replacement Rubicon suspension + lower control arms. Very similar to what you're talking about.

Both were just for labor. Both included alignment (really just re-centering the steering wheel). The higher quote was at what is probably a better quality shop.

$480
$650

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I had a local guy , who works at a well known shop, do it for $600. He and his friend did it at a different shop. No alignment needed, so that was not part of charge. It also included wiring my KC HiLites which didn't take long.
Edit: I orig wrote 400 but it was 600

Last edited:

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
For just coils and shocks i charge 300 an axle... track bar drag flip or pitman arms adjustments are all extra as are upper and lower c arms. “ Alignment” is a bullshit thing with jeeps. Don't let people scam you into that. There are no adjustments besides toe on a wrangler. Lifting 2 inches will shift axles about 1/4” . You will need adjustable components to align this.

Sponsored

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
I got charged about $550 for Rubi suspension, LCAs, and 1/2 inch teraflex spacer lift from a pretty good shop.

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 5-Series, Honda Civic, Honda Minivan
Dynatrac Endurosport 2” lift ~$1,200-1,500 and had it installed at Off Road Warehouse for ~$600. It has worked very well for me and I have more then 30k on the lift and over 40k on my 35” STT Pros

Duffinator

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara
I am calling around for quotes now. Here is what I am ballparking for complete install
tires 35".................$2000
rims.......................$2000
Lift kit (2" to 2.5')...$1000
Labor.....................$1000

The dealership has a 3" package they are promoting for $16,000!!!! There are dirty theaves, right? On my Wrangler TJ they wanted to charge me $500 for sidesteps that I was able to buy online for $250. So if I take there STUPID price and cut it in half, that's about what I'm looking at for the whole lift and installation.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I am calling around for quotes now. Here is what I am ballparking for complete install
tires 35".................$2000
rims.......................$2000
Lift kit (2" to 2.5')...$1000
Labor.....................$1000

The dealership has a 3" package they are promoting for $16,000!!!! There are dirty theaves, right? On my Wrangler TJ they wanted to charge me $500 for sidesteps that I was able to buy online for $250. So if I take there STUPID price and cut it in half, that's about what I'm looking at for the whole lift and installation.
Even 8K still sounds too high. Tires and wheels 3K for 5 , lift 2 K installed.

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
2" Mopar lift kit - Fox shocks , mount and balance 5 tires & wheels , re calibrate 37's , install relocation bracket on the tailgate , Labor from the dealership = $ 1500.00.

They also bought all the parts except for the relocation bracket (80.00) and they matched my lowest price on parts

Total for mine was 6K and all done through the dealership

I've heard all kind of prices ,,,Just make sure it's done by a certified mechanic - IMHO
Sponsored