Sponsored

The huge Jeep key fob issue solved (well maybe)

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I’ve never had an issue with size of the fob, then again I don’t have small hands. Hope y’all find a solution for the petite hand folks.

9B6EA3A2-8A52-4BA4-8A56-01115C2BB881.gif
ive got deep pockets. The fob fits right in.

j/k if i had deep pockets i wouldnt be driving a sport :(
Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Yeah I like idea of my Jeep starting in my closed garage every time I get close enough.
I hear the well founded sarcasm. I'd have to think that a feature to start the engine, even if available, along with auto unlock the doors when in proximity, would be options and not the default.

I hadn't thought of this before. No vehicle I know of tests the ambient air for CO levels, stopping the engine if they get too high. There's probably all sorts of liability with such nanny-features too.

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
I would look back at who got CarPlay first. Those companies probably have the best relationship with Apple and will get it first. The way ATT used to get everything Apple first. But then again, if your customers screamed at you for being last, you probably don’t want that to happen again.

NFC is great technology. My city has it for the subways and it works well. You don’t accidentally pay for others. I doubt it will go off unintended,

Sponsored

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I was hoping this thread was going to be about how to stop the switchblade key from popping open in my pocket!
That's easy...just close a rubber band in with the blade and then trim it even with the housing. I did that months ago and it hasn't opened since. And you can still push the button and pop the key blade out if you need to, but you'd need another rubber band if you wanted to keep it restrained again.
Here’s mine:

39DC27B1-5245-4326-80A7-11BFB2508680.jpeg

Sponsored

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee
Vehicle Showcase

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I was hoping this thread was going to be about how to stop the switchblade key from popping open in my pocket!
If your willing to open the fob you can remove the torsion spring that makes the key pop out when the button us pressed.

If the key's needed after removal of the spring, pressing this button with the fob oriented properly will still have the key drop out, but by virtue of gravity, not the wound spring's release of its potential energy.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I stopped to use a gas station restroom and the key had a Jeep Key Fob attached so nobody could walk off with it.
You Sir, (or Ma'am) owe me a new computer keyboard. Laughed so hard that I just spewed my morning coffee all over it while sipping and browsing before work.