First real life look at Sarge Green JL [more photos added]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MotownJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Wrangler, 2011 Chevy Suburban
As I feared- red dash on the Rubi. I love either separately, but green/red is too Christmas for me. Imagine seeing that with the top and doors off. Yuck.
I was thinking the exact same. Might as well put antlers, bells, and a big red nose on a Sarge Rubicon.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
That dealership needs to invest in a more skilled photography department.
Those pics suck.
When I was doing research, I noticed that 90% of dealers, take poor photos.
The best photos are with the sun half up or half down.
The sun should be at the back of the photographer.
The vehicle needs to be moved around to take photos from all angles - with the sun at your back.
If it is overcast then use a flash. Be careful of the angle to avoid reflections.
Look at the background. Make sure there is nothing to spoil the photo as a whole.
If the car is "X" colour, a car of "Y" colour adjacent can ruin the photo.

Dealers are trying to sell their cars yet most don't care about their web sites.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I can handle the red accents, but that dash :puke:
I was thinking the exact same. Might as well put antlers, bells, and a big red nose on a Sarge Rubicon.
But, a tan interior with a canvas-wrapped dash or a tan camo...that would be off the proverbial hook (yo).

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I can handle the red accents, but that dash :puke:
Y'all do realize it is SUPER EASY to fix that, right? BTW, the Brown interior doesn't usually have a red dash.

But, a tan interior with a canvas-wrapped dash or a tan camo...that would be off the proverbial hook (yo).
Heck yea! Maybe I can wrap it with material from my old BDUs.. hahaha..

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Nice!

Color is a matter of taste, so I'm cool with everyone that do not like it. Personally, I like military greenish Jeeps and this Sarge Green is my favorite color option of all the current colors available. Mine has an estimated ship date of 2/12 to Chicago. If everything goes according to plan, it should be here by Valentine's Day (and I unfortunately took the salesman's suggestion to wait on signing up for Tread Lightly until ordering, which means I can't get it before the 30 day mark, which will be 2/23, without sacrificing the $100 TL membership fee as well as the 1% discount, which kinda sucks, as it is a gift for my wife and would have been a perfect surprise on Valentine's Day). I'll post pics when it arrives.

Anyone else notice the scrapes next to the window buttons?

When I was doing research, I noticed that 90% of dealers, take poor photos.
The best photos are with the sun half up or half down.
The sun should be at the back of the photographer.
The vehicle needs to be moved around to take photos from all angles - with the sun at your back.
If it is overcast then use a flash. Be careful of the angle to avoid reflections.
Look at the background. Make sure there is nothing to spoil the photo as a whole.
If the car is "X" colour, a car of "Y" colour adjacent can ruin the photo.

Dealers are trying to sell their cars yet most don't care about their web sites.
Personally, as a former semi-pro photographer, I was pretty happy to see amateur pics that were not overly staged or post processed. I liked the fact that they were taken on an overcast day, where the clouds acted as a natural diffuser. Overcast is the next best thing to the golden hour (1 hour after sunrise/before sunset), absent complex arrangements of strobes. The car doesn't pop out as much, but in this case, I am looking more for an accurate representation of the Jeep, as opposed to a phenomenal photo. If I were them, I would not use a flash on an overcast day because on camera flash is less ideal and off camera flash/strobe is overly complex.

The bright white background did result in a darker exposure of the Jeep in the main pic, which could have been fixed with a little post processing. White balancing also would have been nice, as I'm not too sure how the camera's auto white balance interpreted the white background combined with the dark green Jeep.

Yes, a pro or even enthusiast photographer would provide better results, but it would take more time and expense, which I personally do not expect from a dealership just trying to get some quick cell phone pics of cars in inventory to slap on their web page, as much as I would love to see great photos.

Fair warning: When I pick up my Sarge Green JLUR, my first pics will be taken with my iPhone at whatever spot and whatever lighting conditions happen to be present where the Jeep happens to be sitting. Maybe I'll get around to providing better shots with a better camera, but I'll likely care more about driving it than shooting it.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Y'all do realize it is SUPER EASY to fix that, right? BTW, the Brown interior doesn't usually have a red dash.

I agree. This would look better with the tan interior and then no red dash.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Mine has an estimated ship date of 2/12 to Chicago. If everything goes according to plan, it should be here by Valentine's Day (and I unfortunately took the salesman's suggestion to wait on signing up for Tread Lightly until ordering, which means I can't get it before the 30 day mark, which will be 2/23, without sacrificing the $100 TL membership fee as well as the 1% discount, which kinda sucks,
If it makes you feel any better, the "Ship Date" is usually the actual build date estimate, so I think you will probably hit that 2/23 date right on the button. Check your build status and see where it's at, but I'm guessing you're still in D1.

P.S.-Please tell me your screen name is in honor of the greatest guitarist to ever come out of Sweden, Yngwie Malmsteen. I mean, it has to be, right?

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Don't kid. I was thinking about cutting up my uncle's Army Ranger jacket to re-cover my red dash. I think it would look insanely good, but I'm not sure I want to sacrifice a 40 year old Ranger jacket that is mint, but I haven't taken it out in years.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Don't kid. I was thinking about cutting up my uncle's Army Ranger jacket to re-cover my red dash. I think it would look insanely good, but I'm not sure I want to sacrifice a 40 year old Ranger jacket that is mint, but I haven't taken it out in years.
I've got my old BDUs and ACUs in a trunk in the garage:like:. Hmmm, now I'm thinking my ACUs might make cool seat covers:idea: They should look sharp against my SG with neon accents:captain: But the dash might be a little difficult especially if you want to remove it to clean it?

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If it makes you feel any better, the "Ship Date" is usually the actual build date estimate, so I think you will probably hit that 2/23 date right on the button. Check your build status and see where it's at, but I'm guessing you're still in D1.
Thanks for the tip. I'm not that obsessed with checking the build status and the last update I got from the dealer on 2/3 did indeed indicate D1. Your tip does indeed make me feel better, but I'm torn, as it would be cool to know it is ready and to be able to visit it and show it to my wife, but that might build up too much anticipation. ;)

P.S.-Please tell me your screen name is in honor of the greatest guitarist to ever come out of Sweden, Yngwie Malmsteen. I mean, it has to be, right?
Yupper!

Yngwie J Malmsteen's Rising Force Marching Out-small.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.