Sponsored

Is it OK to put 35s on stock Rubicon wheels?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
What about your spare tire in back
My spare rubs slightly on the lip of the rear bumper. I have the steel bumper. I'm perfectly fine with it because it actually takes some stress off the tailgate. It hasn't scuffed the finish on the bumper, either. I'd bet if I aired the spare down to 20psi, it probably would not rub, but at 30, it is slight. I've heard others say theirs doesn't rub that lip. Your mileage may vary.
Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
What about your spare tire in back
It fit snugly, but it did fit. Since all BFG tires tend to be a good inch or more shorter than their rated size, it probably wouldn't have cleared the bumper with Nittos or Goodyears. Prior to installing the RC relocation bracket, it pretty much sat on the plastic center piece of the bumper.

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
What tire pressure are y'all running? I just put Falken Wildpeak AT/3 (315/70/17) on mine and discount tire left them at 40psi... Too high? If I lower the psi is there any risk of the tire coming off the wheel since Rubicon wheels are narrower than the specs (7.5 and tire specs are 8-11 width).

Thanks!

zgong1028

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
What tire pressure are y'all running? I just put Falken Wildpeak AT/3 (315/70/17) on mine and discount tire left them at 40psi... Too high? If I lower the psi is there any risk of the tire coming off the wheel since Rubicon wheels are narrower than the specs (7.5 and tire specs are 8-11 width).

Thanks!
Did you have a lift already installed before going to Discount Tire? My local store won't put BFG KO2 315/70/R17 on my stock Rubicon......

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
Did you have a lift already installed before going to Discount Tire? My local store won't put BFG KO2 315/70/R17 on my stock Rubicon......
No lift then. I had the tires already installed by a mom & pop shop, just went to DT for a balancing.

Sponsored

RubiBlu18

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
35 x 12.5 x 17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on stock Rubicon JL wheels with no lift or spacers. Runs absolutely fine. No rub and good clearance for city driving.

FullSizeRender.jpeg
Who installed them for you. Others are saying places won’t mount those on the stock wheel width? Trying to determine to stay with stock wheels or replace them.

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Who installed them for you. Others are saying places won’t mount those on the stock wheel width? Trying to determine to stay with stock wheels or replace them.
NICE! I have 37x 12.5 x 17 BFG Mud-Terrain on stock Rubicon JL wheels with 2”lift. Runs absolutely fine. No rub off road and drives as good good on the streets. Perfect for me for now.

EE53B9F5-AB66-474A-8FA5-D3BE0D2A1624.jpeg

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Just put on 315 70 17 last night. Perfect. Discount tire say stock wheels are fine

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I know a lot of others are running tires larger than the wheel is supposed to allow. If you want to stay within the recommenced specs, the Nitto Trail Grappler M/T comes in a 35x11.50 that is good on the 7.5” stock rim. It is also C rated. Something to consider.

Sponsored

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - 2015 Ford Mustang - 2018 Volvo S90
NICE! I have 37x 12.5 x 17 BFG Mud-Terrain on stock Rubicon JL wheels with 2”lift. Runs absolutely fine. No rub off road and drives as good good on the streets. Perfect for me for now.

Where did you got them mounted? Discount tire over hre won't mount a 37 on a stock wheel.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
By the way i wentbwith e rated i dont feel any diiference in ride

jeepnewbie

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLU Wrangler Sport S, 08' Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
GE Aviation
Vehicle Showcase
I just recently put 35/12.50/17 Ridge Grapplers E-rated on Rubicon wheels and I can’t get the outer edges of the tire to come down. Sitting at 25psi cold all around. Looks like I will be purchasing new wheels and going with 8.5-9” wheel, which is what Nitto recommends for that tire. This should help flatten out the tire and even tread wear.
You can see in some of the previous posts that the edges of the tire aren’t contacting the road.

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
35 x 12.5 x 17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on stock Rubicon JL wheels with no lift or spacers. Runs absolutely fine. No rub and good clearance for city driving.
At what air pressure are you running them at? Also did you have a problem mounting spare with that tire on it? Looking to get same tires for my stock rubicon
FullSizeRender.jpeg
Sponsored