Sponsored

2020 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude Edition Announced

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Jeep has jumped the shark...

Additionally, was the original post copied from jeep? If so, notice that it says: why mess with your factory warranty by making changes?

So different wheels now impact warranty? Slippery slope.

Last edited:

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I can't wait to see that red in sunlight. From the TFL video I'd buy a J6 in it!

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I don't like this trim, but it's not like they are going to stop building the regular trims for these. If someone wants to spend their money on them, let them be happy. I'm not sure if I like the Sanzzberry color or not, I do think the painted bumpers look awful. Again, someone else's money, their choice. But I also don't want to read about those people who buy the High Altitude complaining about how the body colored bumpers aren't winch capable, they know what choice they made.

My only issue with all of these trims is it gets confusing for new buyers. The manufacturers websites (not just FCA) do a poor job of conveying Trim Level G is essentially Trim Level B with 20" wheels, better leather, and some options that are now standard.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I like the red.

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
Perhaps this is just the next transitional step towards adding V8 power? I could totally see either version with a Hemi or SRT version with a Hellcat. Makes sense to me with 20"s. Cue the burnouts!

I'm glad to see them branch out a bit, too. I cringe a bit thinking about those low profile tires and icy, snowy roads. Expect to see a few stranded Jeep owners with broken wheels after sliding into a curb or heck, even a good sized pot hole! Hopefully, not.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
I doubt you'll ever see a V8 in a Wrangler. There's just no need for it when the trend is smaller engines vs bigger ones. You can get V8 power out of a turbo-six, along with better emissions/economy numbers. Pretty poorly kept secret that FCA is working on just such a turbo-six for some of the new Jeep models in the pipeline (as well as other applications).

Perhaps this is just the next transitional step towards adding V8 power? I could totally see either version with a Hemi or SRT version with a Hellcat. Makes sense to me with 20"s. Cue the burnouts!

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
I doubt you'll ever see a V8 in a Wrangler. There's just no need for it when the trend is smaller engines vs bigger ones. You can get V8 power out of a turbo-six, along with better emissions/economy numbers. Pretty poorly kept secret that FCA is working on just such a turbo-six for some of the new Jeep models in the pipeline (as well as other applications).
Maybe. Considering all the new trim levels rolling out it's just a matter of time before we see an SRT version of the Wrangler or Gladiator. The 20's open the door for that. To your point, the turbo and/or supercharged motors could serve their corporate numbers well. It's the right thing for FCA to do. I know I love the power of my 2.0 Turbo. I loved my 4.0 Cherokee, too. My 360 powered full size Cherokee was fun, too but getting 8-10 mpg kept me driving for best economy, not performance.

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Something to ponder...

Vertical integration is when a company starts performing tasks of a product build they originally turfed out.

Somebody at FCA seems to have taken this corporate speak to its literal double entendre level in that first there was the Altitude JL, and now the High Altitude JL.

Perhaps its next implementation will feature emergency oxygen masks that drop from the hard top in the event of cabin depressurization while off road on some mountain top.

...put your kid's mask on first, and note, the bag may not completely inflate...;)

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
These " Limited Editions " are a very smart move on FCAs part ; they see what accessories are popular, (yes, there is an " Urban " market, ) and they will sell ,without the wait, hassle, of aftermarket builds. The more JLs out there, the better for me, in choice of trim levels, acessories, well into the foreseeable Future...

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
20” wheels and the stitching on the seats makes it look like a wannabe G-wagon.

But I think the painted bumpers will give me nightmares.
I bet you're right....that's probably what they're going after. What do you think the price will be? I wouldn't be shocked at a $70k sticker...

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
It’s great to sell more vehicles.....should come with mall crawler stickers. There’s a market just not in my garage
Sponsored