Sponsored

TSD Logistics to save $$$ on diesel?

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
Apparently you can save big on diesel if you use these guys. Like 30 - 50 cents per gallon. Their website looks legit and has plenty of phone numbers to call and an address in Texas. Still, to sign up they want your bank account info. So I'm leery. Who uses or is interested in using TSD Logistics to save $$$ on diesel or what is your experience with them, please?

https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/

PS: I was referred to them by @lightsout here on the forum so if I go for it, I will give him the referral because he brought it to my attention so he gets $25.
Sponsored

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '76 FJ40, '17 BMW 650i Gran coupe
If you do a google search, you can see many threads discussing the same concern you have, but turns out they are a legitimate Comapny.

To sum it up:
- it’s safe
- it works
- you can be extra cautious and set up a separate checking account in case you’re that concerned
- PayPal is more of a risk
- if you’ve ever written a check, you’ve given your account number and routing number to those individuals

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
I'm setting up a second account just for this

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Just keep in mind this for Diesel only

OP
OP
Adamoni

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bump. Still looking for thoughts on this. No rush, my 3.0 is still in D status but dang, if I had it I'd want to know if I was going this route. It makes diesel fuel the same price as petrol for me!

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Bump. Still looking for thoughts on this. No rush, my 3.0 is still in D status but dang, if I had it I'd want to know if I was going this route. It makes diesel fuel the same price as petrol for me!
TDS is the fleet company that organizes the consumer group to create the buying power it is EFS that manages the transaction, EFS provide for 1000's of fleets around the US, if trucking fleets can trust EFS with their transaction we as individuals should as well. The EFS card you will receive from TDS has a $200 limit on non diesel purchases and a 950 Gallon Diesel per day limit. so if your card is compromised the risk is very small, but again EFS is a huge fleet fuel card company in the US.

Also it is only accepted at Loves, Pilot, Flying J, Petrol, TA and 4 or 5 others so with such limited places to even use the card again the likely hood of compromise is limited.

I fueled up at Pilot again today put 60 gallons in (main tank and Aux tank on Ram 3500) saved $0.39-gal ($23.40)

Here is a very detailed article about the TDS card and EFS. https://rvlove.com/2019/09/19/discount-fuel-how-to-save-money-on-fuel-with-this-fuel-discount-card/

If you google this you will see this is sweeping the RV world especially since we RV'ers are big diesel users (our JL Wrangler is gas however our new Ram 3500 is Diesel)

JDaPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Is the 3.0 fuel fill going to be big enough for the truck nozzles? They are bigger than the standard diesel nozzles on the auto side.

OP
OP
Adamoni

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good question!

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Spending money to save money, pretty much S.O.P. for me. Gonna end up building an in bed fuel tank for my pickup and put a pump in it. That way I can finally have a nice extended range capability in the truck, and I can also fuel up my wife's new JLURD every couple days. She appreciates not having to fuel up vehicles, and I don't mind, it works out.

So out of curiosity, does the larger trucker nozzle fit in the JLUD filler neck?

Sponsored

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '76 FJ40, '17 BMW 650i Gran coupe
Spending money to save money, pretty much S.O.P. for me. Gonna end up building an in bed fuel tank for my pickup and put a pump in it. That way I can finally have a nice extended range capability in the truck, and I can also fuel up my wife's new JLURD every couple days. She appreciates not having to fuel up vehicles, and I don't mind, it works out.

So out of curiosity, does the larger trucker nozzle fit in the JLUD filler neck?
No, the larger truck nozzles do not fit the JULD filler neck. There is an adapter near where your Jack is located and I have had to use this to fuel up. There is another thread where someone is attempting to remove the safety mechanism off of the filler neck to enable use of the larger nozzles, but has not been successful at this point.

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Sounds like those using this service like it? I use EFS for my fleet of about 120 trucks. This is very interesting...I may have to sign up and give this a try - even if just to compare what discounts I could achieve using theirs vs. ours.

MotoMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD Granite Crystal Metallic
I have several diesel vehicles and I use EFS for all of them.
Maybe a dumb question, do you have to fuel at the truck islands or will this work at the auto islands at Loves, Pilot, etc?

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Maybe a dumb question, do you have to fuel at the truck islands or will this work at the auto islands at Loves, Pilot, etc?
Truck islands only
Sponsored