Sponsored

JEEP WRANGLER JL LED BULB HEADLIGHT CONVERSION KIT?

19SilverRubicon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 door Rubicon
I see a lot of people putting LED headlights on there Wranglers. Why not just change the bulb with a conversion kit? These kits are $150-$200 A whole lot less than $500 ++++ Headlights. What are pro's and con's? Anyone with good luck with LED Bulb Kit?
Sponsored

kayakingt

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU

Hibypass

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I see a lot of people putting LED headlights on there Wranglers. Why not just change the bulb with a conversion kit? These kits are $150-$200 A whole lot less than $500 ++++ Headlights. What are pro's and con's? Anyone with good luck with LED Bulb Kit?
Mine came with the factory led’s. Could that be why you’re seeing so many?

Supercharged

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Pontiac G8 GT, GMC Acadia
I did the Beamtech led bulbs, they look like the same style kayakingt linked. I also did JDM astra led fogs, they are notably brighter than the halogen.

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
The answer is really 2 fold on why people are dropping in cheap bulbs VS a replacment light or kit.

1. There are a lot of Sport owners out there who can not get factory LED lights. I think most will admit this is one of the best features of the JL. Anytime a set come up for sale they are immediately sold for about $800-900 for just the headlights.

2. Until recently, there have not been any 9" aftermarket replacements. You could the 7" for the JK with an adapter ring, but I think most were holding out until someone started producing 9" that were comparable to the OEM. The cheap LED bulbs were a stop gap until the industry caught up.

Quake just recently released a set and with their Christmas sale I was able to get them for about $360. They arrive today and I look forward to getting them installed.

Sponsored

Joaozao

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I did the Beamtech led bulbs, they look like the same style kayakingt linked. I also did JDM astra led fogs, they are notably brighter than the halogen.
Do the fogs and headlights match?

I've been holding buying some because I want to be sure that the colors for both match 100%

Jeffkam

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
The answer is really 2 fold on why people are dropping in cheap bulbs VS a replacment light or kit.

1. There are a lot of Sport owners out there who can not get factory LED lights. I think most will admit this is one of the best features of the JL. Anytime a set come up for sale they are immediately sold for about $800-900 for just the headlights.

2. Until recently, there have not been any 9" aftermarket replacements. You could the 7" for the JK with an adapter ring, but I think most were holding out until someone started producing 9" that were comparable to the OEM. The cheap LED bulbs were a stop gap until the industry caught up.

Quake just recently released a set and with their Christmas sale I was able to get them for about $360. They arrive today and I look forward to getting them installed.
We’re you able to get these installed? Post pics? I just ordered some today.

terjon

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL sport s
Hi Guys. I have a question about the headlights. I have a JL sport S and want to buy the oracle led replacement bulbs but my headlights does not look the same. Does anyone have an idea why.

8D449AD6-6327-4923-BEA7-101CDE2B63C7.jpeg

CB5273CB-1EE3-4B38-AF28-31885C9E150B.jpeg

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
We’re you able to get these installed? Post pics? I just ordered some today.

Net yet....hoping to by this weekend.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Diode dynamics has their HID conversion kit available I was hoping someone would have installed a set already and provided some reviews but I can’t find any

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
LIKING this thread - I'll be in this same boat - Sport S / no LED OEM option (yet?) for the Sport S - that is unjustified in my opinion, because I feel it is a SAFETY issue ! It is Better to be Seen than "Heard" (crashing due to inability to see) ! Hope by the time I get My JL Jeep will wake up to this FACT and make the change in the Build Pages ! Are we "low-lifes" (Sport buyers) not "Worthy" ? ps; to those reading this, I in NO way am implying the term to be factual - I'd be slapping myself in the face too ! That wouldn't feel good . . . :)

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Hi Guys. I have a question about the headlights. I have a JL sport S and want to buy the oracle led replacement bulbs but my headlights does not look the same. Does anyone have an idea why.

Jeep Wrangler JL JEEP WRANGLER JL LED BULB HEADLIGHT CONVERSION KIT? 20181129_140936

Jeep Wrangler JL JEEP WRANGLER JL LED BULB HEADLIGHT CONVERSION KIT? 20181129_140936
Hello, you have an export model JL so you use a H4 bulb and have a factory headlight leveling system.
Sponsored