Sponsored

Buying correct TPMS

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Well, they say Schrader on them, some have Mopar part numbers on them, and they are made in the USA. Granted, they don't come in retail packaging but if you handled them you'd know they are OEM. If you don't think they're legitimate then they're counterfeit, not knockoffs.

$50 for 5 is plenty for how much they should cost.
Glad they work for you. They are fake and not OEM. Plain and simple. They were not made by Schrader. Plenty of really good fake stuff on Ebay. Since it costs Schrader the OEM manufacturer more than $10 to make them, their cost to wholesalers who buys tens of thousands of them are about double that and since we have actually bought several fakes on eBay and taken them apart I can speak with 99% confidence that they are fake. Will they work, potentially. Can they break apart in the wheels, potentially. Will they last 5-7 yrs as they should, maybe. Will Schrader touch them and can they prove they are not real if there is an issue, you bet.

Again not saying don't buy them. People buy fake stuff, knock off stuff etc all the time. All I am saying is those are not OEM so don't be fooled. A legit sensor that has gone through the proper testing and channels to make it legitimately into the US will not be less than $25ish dollars a piece.
Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And most importantly, at least so far, they work perfectly. A friend of mine bought the ones from Quadratec that come mounted and balanced for $40 per sensor, and they cut out constantly.
Is on on after market wheels? Lifted? If not 100% stock then see me post above. It is the Jeep transmitter, NOT the sensors.

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
Is on on after market wheels? Lifted? If not 100% stock then see me post above. It is the Jeep transmitter, NOT the sensors.
Both of us are on 2" lift with aftermarket wheels and 35s. Maybe my wheel/tire combo is just more favorable than his somehow. But the setups are almost identical.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both of us are on 2" lift with aftermarket wheels and 35s. Maybe my wheel/tire combo is just more favorable than his somehow. But the setups are almost identical.
Fairly certain it is not his sensors. Especially if they did read once. That is the transmitter issue and not much he is going to do about it. Jeep won’t fix it on a modded rig.

Hardybreed

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I bought ebay sensors, and had them installed on my almost $3000 wheels and the jeep would not pick them up. I tried to save a buck, just stupid on my part. Now I am just waiting to rotate to bring in back in and pay more money to Discount Tire for good ones.

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought ebay sensors, and had them installed on my almost $3000 wheels and the jeep would not pick them up. I tried to save a buck, just stupid on my part. Now I am just waiting to rotate to bring in back in and pay more money to Discount Tire for good ones.
Well you don't have to do that either. There are other places for far less money (there are also legit sensors on Ebay) that you can get good OEM sensors. PM me and I will lead you in the right direction.

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
All five tires have sensors (as it comes from the factory). Only the ones on the ground show on the instrument panel. Unless there is something really weird going on, they all correspond to the display.
BINGO

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Bought these from TPMSdirect.com to go in my wife's new beadlocks. I called them and they told me that Schrader is the OE supplier for Mopar's TPMS sensors. Sure enough they looked right and worked perfectly requiring ZERO screwing around. The computer picked them up instantly.
Basically $25 a piece vs. who nkows how much for factory ones.

upload_2020-2-4_17-13-57.png

Mojito!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited JL
Vehicle Showcase
Bought these from TPMSdirect.com to go in my wife's new beadlocks. I called them and they told me that Schrader is the OE supplier for Mopar's TPMS sensors. Sure enough they looked right and worked perfectly requiring ZERO screwing around. The computer picked them up instantly.
Basically $25 a piece vs. who nkows how much for factory ones.

upload_2020-2-4_17-13-57.png
So if I read this correctly. You installed them on the new wheels and the Jeep automatically sensed them and assigned them to the display?

Thanks
Jon

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
So if I read this correctly. You installed them on the new wheels and the Jeep automatically sensed them and assigned them to the display?

Thanks
Jon
Correct. Bought a tire stem install tool off amazon and they popped right in and by the time I backed out of the driveway they were being recognized by the computer. That's exactly what should have happened since they are OEM supplier. All it does is emit a frequency and the computer is designed to read that frequency. Any vehicle that is tuned to that frequency will read them.

Mojito!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited JL
Vehicle Showcase
Correct. Bought a tire stem install tool off amazon and they popped right in and by the time I backed out of the driveway they were being recognized by the computer. That's exactly what should have happened since they are OEM supplier. All it does is emit a frequency and the computer is designed to read that frequency. Any vehicle that is tuned to that frequency will read them.
Thanks, that clears up a lot of questions.

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S