Sponsored

DEF Usage

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
We were not discussing what happens in the last mile it is prior to that the vehicle will go into Limp mode just the same as their big brother Ram counter part, in fact every Diesel consumer Truck does this. Before you get to that FATAL last mile you will be limited to 5 mph, and the fact it will not start is only if you shut it off 1st.

Anyone that goes to that extreme has no business owning a Diesel Vehicle.
I’m not seeing a limp mode listed in the progression in the supplement manual...just increasingly intrusive chimes and warnings.
Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll do it. I'll just time it right where we'll be near home. When it gets down around 100 miles I'll take it for a spin. And bring it on back to the house to coincide with the 0 miles of DEF left. If it doesn't shut down or do something funky, I'll drive it around some more and see what it's limp mode is like. These are good things to know anyhow.
Yea you could always carry around a spare 2.5gallon jug and just let it run out whenever. Might not be great for the DEF pump, but I won’t be surprised if it does exactly what it says it will. Could also just tune the emissions controller and turn the DEF tank into an aux fuel tank.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70-80 I kept looking down and find myself doing 80 so I would slow back down some also noticed oil temp at 256 at on point but didn’t get a pic of it but was only at the half way mark on gauge so I see a bigger coolers in my future

CA8C4FEB-905E-4C10-A130-13CF91764821.jpeg
That’s actually not terrible mpg for towing at 70-80. Even dropping it to 65 would bump that over 15 for sure given your already massive drag is increasing with the square of velocity.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
We were not discussing what happens in the last mile it is prior to that the vehicle will go into Limp mode just the same as their big brother Ram counter part, in fact every Diesel consumer Truck does this. Before you get to that FATAL last mile you will be limited to 5 mph, and the fact it will not start is only if you shut it off 1st.

Anyone that goes to that extreme has no business owning a Diesel Vehicle.
That's an interesting comment. Makes me wonder if you're one of these people who focus on what other people need?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
That's an interesting comment. Makes me wonder if you're one of these people who focus on what other people need?
Maybe... If you cannot maintain your vehicle in this case with plenty of time to add DEF before it is too late then you should evaluate your needs (just sayin)...

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
By the way those of you that have the Diesel Wrangler you can save 30-50 cents per gallon at Truck stops. Most large trucking companies

This is not an advertisement just friendly advice

As some of you know large trucking companies have contracts with truck stop fuel stations like Loves, Flying J, Pilot and others. They get serious discounts when fueling Typically $.30 - $.50 per gallon discounts, this is from the volume buying power they have.

A company TSD Logistics (40 year old company) based in Texas has a program that allows small independent truckers, small trucking companies, RV-er's and personal vehicles to join and take advantage of the same Diesel group buying discounts the large trucking companies enjoy.

It is a very simple concept you apply online, within 1 Week TSD will call to verify you are a real person and get your banking info and then they will send you your Fuel Debit card that will be linked to you personal checking account.

You will then pull up to the commercial pumps use your debit card (like any other card you used in the past) it will show you the published "cash" price and that is all you will see at the pump. Once you are done you go into the TSD/EFS app on your phone and it will show you the discount and what you actually paid and it will show you the discount.

Now whatever the discount is TSD will take 10% so say the discount was $.40 per gallon TSD will take $.04 and then the funds will be taken out of your checking account in a day or two less the 10% TSD fee.

Also you know when you pull up to the pumps and they ask for a "Control Number" and you do not have one so you have to go inside and pre pay. well with the TSD card you get a Control Number so this will eliminate that hassle also.

I have now had my Card for two months used it twice to fill my Ram 3500 Saved $.34 and $.35 (after TSD 10%), both were at Loves.

It only works for Diesel purchases at Commercial fuel stations but ok to use for all Diesel vehicles.

If you do sign up in the referral name use "Lightsout"

https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '76 FJ40, '17 BMW 650i Gran coupe
By the way those of you that have the Diesel Wrangler you can save 30-50 cents per gallon at Truck stops. Most large trucking companies

This is not an advertisement just friendly advice

As some of you know large trucking companies have contracts with truck stop fuel stations like Loves, Flying J, Pilot and others. They get serious discounts when fueling Typically $.30 - $.50 per gallon discounts, this is from the volume buying power they have.

A company TSD Logistics (40 year old company) based in Texas has a program that allows small independent truckers, small trucking companies, RV-er's and personal vehicles to join and take advantage of the same Diesel group buying discounts the large trucking companies enjoy.

It is a very simple concept you apply online, within 1 Week TSD will call to verify you are a real person and get your banking info and then they will send you your Fuel Debit card that will be linked to you personal checking account.

You will then pull up to the commercial pumps use your debit card (like any other card you used in the past) it will show you the published "cash" price and that is all you will see at the pump. Once you are done you go into the TSD/EFS app on your phone and it will show you the discount and what you actually paid and it will show you the discount.

Now whatever the discount is TSD will take 10% so say the discount was $.40 per gallon TSD will take $.04 and then the funds will be taken out of your checking account in a day or two less the 10% TSD fee.

Also you know when you pull up to the pumps and they ask for a "Control Number" and you do not have one so you have to go inside and pre pay. well with the TSD card you get a Control Number so this will eliminate that hassle also.

I have now had my Card for two months used it twice to fill my Ram 3500 Saved $.34 and $.35 (after TSD 10%), both were at Loves.

It only works for Diesel purchases at Commercial fuel stations but ok to use for all Diesel vehicles.

If you do sign up in the referral name use "Lightsout"

https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/
You should have a referral coming soon.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
You should have a referral coming soon.

It is a great option we purchased a new 5th wheel and Ram 3500 Diesel a couple months ago, I have a 46-Gal aux tank in the truck so 80 gal fill up was expensive, this save me quite a bit. I learned about it in the RV forums. Some of the RVers have seen up to $.65 off in some parts of the country. Just note you need to use the commercial pumps. The other up side is the commercial pumps out 3 times the volume of the consumer pumps so fuel up is fast.

For those concerned about gong in the truck lanes with no trailer attached no problem most RVers fuel without the trailer either before they hook up or after they drop unless stopping mid trip. I have a brand new Pilot that just opened near me so I will mostly be fueling there from now on. Also the commercial Pumps have DEF pumps as well.

When filling your DEF tank with the jugs it is almost impossible NOT to spill, whereas filling your DEF at truck stop pumps no spils. Also the DEF pumps at truck fuels stations as set to not over fill (always stop at the fist auto shut-off) as you do not want DEF filled to the top of the fill tube where it can easily freeze (the Pumps prevent that). Also note that DEF in the jugs has a short shelf life and it is not advised to fill with outdated DEF. Fuel Station DEF has a fast Turn over so typically very fresh.

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '76 FJ40, '17 BMW 650i Gran coupe
It is a great option we purchased a new 5th wheel and Ram 3500 Diesel a couple months ago, I have a 46-Gal aux tank in the truck so 80 gal fill up was expensive, this save me quite a bit. I learned about it in the RV forums. Some of the RVers have seen up to $.65 off in some parts of the country. Just note you need to use the commercial pumps. The other up side is the commercial pumps out 3 times the volume of the consumer pumps so fuel up is fast.

For those concerned about gong in the truck lanes with no trailer attached no problem most RVers fuel without the trailer either before they hook up or after they drop unless stopping mid trip. I have a brand new Pilot that just opened near me so I will mostly be fueling there from now on. Also the commercial Pumps have DEF pumps as well.

When filling your DEF tank with the jugs it is almost impossible NOT to spill, whereas filling your DEF at truck stop pumps no spils. Also the DEF pumps at truck fuels stations as set to not over fill (always stop at the fist auto shut-off) as you do not want DEF filled to the top of the fill tube where it can easily freeze (the Pumps prevent that). Also note that DEF in the jugs has a short shelf life and it is not advised to fill with outdated DEF. Fuel Station DEF has a fast Turn over so typically very fresh.
This is all really great info for the uninitiated (like myself) and has cleared up alot of the questions I had. Looking forward to the savings and thanks for the excellent information and find!

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe... If you cannot maintain your vehicle in this case with plenty of time to add DEF before it is too late then you should evaluate your needs (just sayin)...
Or evaluate your stance on the ridiculous double/triple standard the EPA foists upon us regarding NOx limits on different vehicle types and consider making your vehicle fit your needs rather than the EPA’s.

Sponsored

tyresmoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel; '19 JLU Sahara-sting gray; 2017 Grand Cherokee SRT (sold);
This is all really great info for the uninitiated (like myself) and has cleared up alot of the questions I had. Looking forward to the savings and thanks for the excellent information and find!
Another added benefit....Because of the volumes that truck stops pump, you are almost guaranteed fresh fuel!

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
I’m really concerned about giving direct access to my bank account. But this program sound great. Can anyone confirm they are using TSD Logistics without issue? The website looks legit and there are plenty of contact phone numbers...nothing that raises the flag in my suspicious mind but still, I’m worried.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I’m really concerned about giving direct access to my bank account. But this program sound great. Can anyone confirm they are using TSD Logistics without issue? The website looks legit and there are plenty of contact phone numbers...nothing that raises the flag in my suspicious mind but still, I’m worried.
Just set up a second bank account dedicated for this if you are concerned about security, it is a debit card and your bank acc0unt is insured so you are protected.

There are a ton of reviews about TSD especially in the RV forums.

remember in the referral column use "Lightsout"

here is a video review that test it in the video (about the 10 min mark)

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Just set up a second bank account dedicated for this if you are concerned about security, it is a debit card and your bank acc0unt is insured so you are protected.

There are a ton of reviews about TSD especially in the RV forums.

What do you mean by "your bank account is insured so you are protected"? Insured by whom and against what?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
What do you mean by "your bank account is insured so you are protected"? Insured by whom and against what?
Insured against bank fraud and an unauthorized charges, Again if yo are skeptical use a separate checking account. Or check out TDS and all the reviews of folks using this for years.
Sponsored