RubiconToad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon - Granite Crystal
Clubs

“Connect Device” I have started getting this message on my 8.4 screen every time I get in and start my JL. It seems to have started after the latest January Tazer Mini update. I now have to select my media every time, used to just default to whatever I was listening to when I turned the Jeep off. Anyone else having this issue? I haven’t tested by removing the Tazer yet, probably need to try that.
Sponsored

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
Mine only does that if I was listening to CarPlay and the phone plugged in, shut the vehicle off, then unplugged the phone. When I get back in and start it up without the phone plugged in, it seems to expect me to do so. Like it assumes that is my preferred media. However, it does not do that when I am listening to any other source including BT. Those sources it just goes back to them with no message on start up.

OP
OP
RubiconToad

RubiconToad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Mine only does that if I was listening to CarPlay and the phone plugged in, shut the vehicle off, then unplugged the phone. When I get back in and start it up without the phone plugged in, it seems to expect me to do so. Like it assumes that is my preferred media. However, it does not do that when I am listening to any other source including BT. Those sources it just goes back to them with no message on start up.
Thanks. I think I’ll try unpairing my phone, see what that does.

OP
OP
RubiconToad

RubiconToad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Confirmed that message "Connect Device" goes away at startup when I don't have my phone paired.

OP
OP
RubiconToad

RubiconToad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

The latest firmware update fixed my issue. Media now automatically plays the source it was on when I start the Jeep, as it should.
Sponsored