Taewon7172

First Name
Taewon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler jl rubicon 4 dr
I installed RBP power steps 2weeks ago.
So far so good . Comes with led lights also.
It has 2 motors for each sides . 5years warranty.
I have rubicon , my wife is also 5.2 . She is happy now
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mamacast

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
I installed RBP power steps 2weeks ago.
So far so good . Comes with led lights also.
It has 2 motors for each sides . 5years warranty.
I have rubicon , my wife is also 5.2 . She is happy now
Still happy with the RBPs?

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have the aries actiontrac.

they look REALLY similar to the rockslide, but the selling point for me is that they are aluminum. I have no plans to rock crawl, and i need to keep my total weight under 5k for towing it.
I second this! I also went with these. They mount to the same 3 spots that the rubicon rock rails & sahara side steps mount, so you don't need to remove the body mount bolts that people have issues with.

They're also REALLY sturdy. Although I must admit, my left step creaks a little bit when I put weight on it. I think it has a defective hinge lol. It's still super sturdy though!

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
How does the Aries ActionTrac compare to the RockSlide Engineering Steps? It is definitely cheaper (by a wide margin), but does anyone have real world experience with these on the trails?

Sponsored

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been looking at RockSlide Engineerings step after adding 3” lift and 37”s. They cost a lot IMO and for me a convenance. However, I’ve seen them on a few Wranglers at different Jeep Safari’s and owners I’ve talked to like them. Never heard or seen the Aries ActionTrac. Looking at ads, they are advertised as a running board and don’t look to be engineered as a rocksliders. IF I was 5’2”, I would go with RS.E. and forget about it.
Your comments are spot on with what I was thinking. RSE is at the top of my list for steps, but as far as priorities, they are pretty low. I have a 3.5" RK suspension and 37" Nitto RG and it is 6" taller than stock so it is a haul to get my fat butt into the Jeep...LOL. My twin 8 year olds can get in (yes they CLIMB in, but they still get in). Wife hasn't complained (not that she's allowed to as this is her daily driver and she knew the consequences of the current upgrades).

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
I wish someone would make a tough, frame mounted, rock slider, which would be spring loaded to go down about four inches or so for "boarding"......then retract to a sturdy rock slider position when driving. I have something similar to my vision on our jet ski's so I'm thinking this could be designed into a spring retracting rock slider.

Someone with a little imagination and a need to profit could put this concept into production. Give me a set for being the "idea guy". Pat. Pending / Reg USPTO Grin.

jet ski step.jpg

MMcClain

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
As sliders... not the best or worst. Harder hits on bottom will get dents, but can be bent back. I plan on getting the additional skids to go over top. This way I can take off those to paint scratches and remove dents better.
Sponsored