Springtail folding tray and other bits and pieces

Frontal

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2.2 diesel
Today I assembled and fitted the SpringTail folding tray and Mollle bags.

Assembly itself took about 15 minutes and another 15 to drill the holes and mount the tray on the tailgate.

It was a breeze to assemble and fit, and at the project I can confirm that I still have 10 fingers, and no blood was spilt.

I'm very happy with my new shelf, and look forward to using it in anger very soon.

IMG_1851.JPG
IMG_1853.JPG
IMG_1855.JPG
IMG_1860.JPG

At the same time I installed the Brawlee tailgate light

IMG_1856.JPG
IMG_1859.JPG

But I'm still undecided how I am going to connect the power, as I would prefer not to connect into the dome light.

In the end I might connect it into one of the aux switches up front.

I also hung my new Bartact grab handle bag.

IMG_1863.JPG
Sponsored

JeepNut80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Nice job. How hard will it be to disconnect the tailgate light if you decide to remove the hard top? Is it a single disconnect or is it now permanent?

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
Looks great !!

Doc

OP
OP
Frontal

Frontal

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2.2 diesel
Nice job. How hard will it be to disconnect the tailgate light if you decide to remove the hard top? Is it a single disconnect or is it now permanent?
The kit comes with a disconnect coupler that allows you to remove the hard top.

OP
OP
Frontal

Frontal

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2.2 diesel
Looks great !!

Doc
A great product, and extremely well made.

I got some weird looks from the TSA guys when they looked in my bag when I brought it back to the U.K

Sponsored

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Reviving this old thread for a quick question @Springtail . I have the same setup with M-Pac bags on on a springtail table. Now my question is where can I find the buckles used with these bags?

I closed my tailgate not realizing one of the straps was unclipped and shattered the male portion of one buckle. I looked on amazon to see if I could find a replacement but there are so many sizes... I emailed springtail with the question but never heard back... Can anyone give me a hand?

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
Reviving this old thread for a quick question @Springtail . I have the same setup with M-Pac bags on on a springtail table. Now my question is where can I find the buckles used with these bags?

I closed my tailgate not realizing one of the straps was unclipped and shattered the male portion of one buckle. I looked on amazon to see if I could find a replacement but there are so many sizes... I emailed springtail with the question but never heard back... Can anyone give me a hand?
James_a

Hey...I responded to that email pretty much the same day. I asked which bag you had because the buckles are slightly different.

If it is the large bag....I have spare velcro backings that I can get to you pretty reasonably.

If Its the medium bag (or any MOLLE bag for that matter), you can use a repair buckle. There are tons of options out there. Ebay is a pretty reasonable source.

https://www.als.com/mcnett-dual-sna...XtdbILJp5bFSTS7gW-iuM0ki581h4sMhoCjcYQAvD_BwE

DSC_0031_zpsc22b527c.jpg

Doc

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
James_a

Hey...I responded to that email pretty much the same day. I asked which bag you had because the buckles are slightly different.

If it is the large bag....I have spare velcro backings that I can get to you pretty reasonably.

If Its the medium bag (or any MOLLE bag for that matter), you can use a repair buckle. There are tons of options out there. Ebay is a pretty reasonable source.

https://www.als.com/mcnett-dual-sna...XtdbILJp5bFSTS7gW-iuM0ki581h4sMhoCjcYQAvD_BwE

DSC_0031_zpsc22b527c.jpg

Doc
Thanks for the response Doc.

I apologize . I did a deep dive into my e-mail and found your response in my spam folder...

The broken buckle is from the Large Black Stat pouch. Since it's the male portion that broke and not sewn in like the female portion I was hoping to buy a new buckle and just replace the broken male half with a new one. I looked on line and found a million but they vary in size (width, length, thickness) and couldn't find one with the same dimensions. I've bought more then enough stuff on-line that I thought would work but didn't...That's when I decided I should reach out to you and see if you could point me in the right direction.

You mention replacing the buckle with a repair buckle do you think that will be as strong as the original? If you could point me in the direction of an original buckle I would appreciate it, if not I'll give the replacement buckle a shot.

Thanks again Doc.

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
Thanks for the response Doc.

I apologize . I did a deep dive into my e-mail and found your response in my spam folder...

The broken buckle is from the Large Black Stat pouch. Since it's the male portion that broke and not sewn in like the female portion I was hoping to buy a new buckle and just replace the broken male half with a new one. I looked on line and found a million but they vary in size (width, length, thickness) and couldn't find one with the same dimensions. I've bought more then enough stuff on-line that I thought would work but didn't...That's when I decided I should reach out to you and see if you could point me in the right direction.

You mention replacing the buckle with a repair buckle do you think that will be as strong as the original? If you could point me in the direction of an original buckle I would appreciate it, if not I'll give the replacement buckle a shot.

Thanks again Doc.
Here's a better idea...just paypal me $8 (to cover shipping) and I will send you a whole new back plate. It's just as easy as sending you a buckle.

As a side note: The repair buckle that I pictured is the same style as we use on our seat back panels. I have yet to see one fail or break. It is a good design...I can't speak for the other styles.

Doc

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's a better idea...just paypal me $8 (to cover shipping) and I will send you a whole new back plate. It's just as easy as sending you a buckle.

As a side note: The repair buckle that I pictured is the same style as we use on our seat back panels. I have yet to see one fail or break. It is a good design...I can't speak for the other styles.

Doc
Wow thanks Doc I appreciate that. Just let me know where to send the payment to and I'll send it right off.

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
Wow thanks Doc I appreciate that. Just let me know where to send the payment to and I'll send it right off.
[email protected]

Please make sure that your physical address is correct on paypal because I will be using their shipping service.

Doc
Sponsored