First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Is there some easy way to jumper the high beam relay to keep the low beam and fogs on when highs are on? I have decent visibility far away when my highs are on, but considerably worse visibility in the low beam range compared to my actual low beams. My eyes have to adjust from bright to dim when my highs are on (irony?), so I'm almost inclined not to use highs at all.

I think I saw that Tazer can keep the fogs on, but I didn't see the option for lows too... Is there a power draw issue for running high+low? I'm using aftermarket LED bulbs in halogen housings, which might be using less power than halogens, but I'm not certain of that. I suppose I don't need the lows and fogs too, but, it's just kinda distracting when they shut off on their own. Truthfully, since my fogs are still halogen, I barely notice them when my lows are on, but I was looking at LED bulbs for those too.

Hell, I didn't think about it until now, what are the odds these dual filament LEDs have an internal shunt to prevent high+low if the circuitry can't handle driving both simultaneously... Do the lows stay on when you pull back on the lever with halogens? I can't remember.
Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
1. Factory LED headlights and Tazer allows for highbeams and fogs on at the same time.

2. Factory LEDs always keep low beams on when using high beams.

3. So factory LEDs+Tazer=Low beam, high beam, and fogs on all at the same time.

Not sure if that helps your situation with aftermarket lights.

OP
OP
daveprice7

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
1. Factory LED headlights and Tazer allows for highbeams and fogs on at the same time.

2. Factory LEDs always keep low beams on when using high beams.

3. So factory LEDs+Tazer=Low beam, high beam, and fogs on all at the same time.

Not sure if that helps your situation with aftermarket lights.
Good info.. thanks! It could be these aftermarket bulbs are internally limiting.. could be LED fogs and a Tazer could be one way to get more near brightness.. I wonder if a jumper from the high beam relay to the fogs would do the trick without splurging on a Tazer for just that one thing.
Sponsored