Finally found that annoying rattle

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
For months I have had a rattle in the front passenger side, today my wife was driving and all the sudden I paid attention to it and started looking while on the highway. I had her go on a side rode and finally, after months of searching (never looked there) I found it.

Any idea how to fix it? Itā€™s coming from where my thumb is, maybe putting some type of foam there?

anyone else have a similar issue?

my subwoofer also has a rattle Iā€™ll have to take up with Jeep when I go for my oil change.

image.jpg
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
For months I have had a rattle in the front passenger side, today my wife was driving and all the sudden I paid attention to it and started looking while on the highway. I had her go on a side rode and finally, after months of searching (never looked there) I found it.

Any idea how to fix it? Itā€™s coming from where my thumb is, maybe putting some type of foam there?

anyone else have a similar issue?

my subwoofer also has a rattle Iā€™ll have to take up with Jeep when I go for my oil change.

image.jpg
Hi Javier,
If any assistance is needed during your future service visit, please feel free to send us a PM.
Alex
JeepCares

jeepthang

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Yes! Same here in same exact spot. It is driving me f*cking crazy! I can actually rack that entire plastic headboard piece up and down and mimic the creak. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet but I plan to remove it some how and investigate. My noise is a tad closer to the rearview mirror but definitely up in the passenger visor area. Amazing how many noises I am getting now with 15k on the dial and for the first 5k I was highly impressed thinking how solid sounded and felt.

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
Amazing how many noises I am getting now with 15k on the dial and for the first 5k I was highly impressed thinking how solid sounded and felt.
Yep.

toneloc2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sahara jl
Vehicle Showcase
you could pull it off and pick up some close cell foam from your local hardware store, there are different thickness you can get plus it has a sticky side...

Sponsored

jeepthang

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
As a follow-up to this, I found these (2) bolts in the top corners of the headliner under each visor that were finger loose and rattling like crazy. The sound from these two bolts actually made it sound like it was my dash/speaker areas making the noise. I went over each torx bolt (big and small) on the entire freedom top which eliminated a lot of the creaking I was getting.

20200201_141840.jpg

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
Add felt bumper stops that you would use on a closet door to those hard rubber bumpers for the sun visor.
Sponsored