• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Maybe if Ford makes a two door pickup version... just like Jeep needs to make (I'm looking at you J6 concept).
Sponsored

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my 71' Bronco in 1990 and upgraded it from 4speed automatic to disc brakes and power steering all pre-internet and I sold the Bronco in 2006 for a rather large fortune. Now I drive a new Jeep JL Unlimited that reminds me of the old Bronco with the comforts of 2019. With all that said I will never own a new Bronco because I like the new Jeep that reminds me of my old Bronco.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I've owned a lot of Ford cars and trucks over the years without major issues. I'm not interested in a Bronco or I'd have waited for one before buying a Wrangler. The new Bronco might be a decent vehicle but I wouldn't touch one for at least a year. 1st year vehicles are hit and miss on quality issues but considering the fiasco Ford has with the Explorer quality issues I definitely wouldn't touch a 1st year Bronco.

Sponsored

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
1. It’s ugly!
2. It’s a Ford!
3. They would actually have to release it. It’s been teased for years, doubt it’ll ever come to fruition.

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
I would buy one. Not to replace my Jeep. If the wheel base isn't too long, perhaps I can convince my other half to get rid of her Subaru

Non Partisan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK
Vehicle Showcase
Either way, I’m not even going for a test drive if they don’t give it a manual transmission!
Ex-fan of manual transmission trail rigs here and I am now sold on the auto trans with hill descent. Can you detail why you prefer a manual transmission? Have you driven the newer Jeep auto trans models?

Back to the poll topic: I am considering the Bronco and will hold the purchase decision between Bronco and Wrangler until the Bronco release. On another note: If Jeep had the J6 available today, there would be one sitting here now.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
It's gonna look awesome and probably be awesome, but nah...sticking with my jeep.

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
Looks like the big brother of the Suzuki Jimny. But I would prefer the jimny starting at $20k

suzuki-jimny-lead-w.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep fanboys....Don't read this: I had a love affair with my FJ cruiser....the lack of solid axles was really of no concern for my style of off roading and the on road experience was way better than any Wrangler can provide. I could drive that thing effortlessly across the country and back.
As long as they design the Bronco without that stupid Vacuum line dependent 4WD and stuff an ecoboost 3.5 in it....I'm probably in.

Doc
Yet, FJ Cruiser was produced for only 10 years...until Toyota decided to pull the plug.

Having said that, if Toyota were to revive FJ Cruiser as a real 4-door, with less comic design, it could do well. And, chances are, better than this mythical Bronco.

PS - I owned a 2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road for six months. It had many things I liked, like the feeling of solidly, overall assembly quality, the quiet ride, a refined interior, even the decent dealer treatment. But there were many things I didn’t like, like a weak IFS, prone to go out of alignment for no apparent reason, an atrocious 6-speed automatic, a V6 that produced all type of mysterious shivers, shudders and vibrations, a cramped interior, an uncomfortable driver seat. If Toyota ever brings FJ Cruiser back, I hope doesn’t bring these issues with it.

Last edited:

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
Happy with my current Jeep. Having said that, the Bronco will impact Wrangler sales and might make for a very interesting next model wrangler. Jeep Wranglers have been the only real game in town and although many people like them, there is room for improvement.

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
Yet, FJ Cruiser was produced for only 10 years...until Toyota decided to pull the plug.

Having said that, if Toyota were to revive FJ Cruiser as a real 4-door, with less comic design, it could do well. And, chances are, better than this mythical Bronco.

PS - I owned a 2019 TRD Off-Road for six months. It had many things I liked, like the feeling of solidly, overall assembly quality, the quiet ride, a refined interior, even the decent dealer treatment. But there were many things I didn’t like, like a weak IFS, prone to go out of alignment for no apparent reason, an atrocious 6-speed automatic, a V6 that produced all type of mysterious shivers, shudders and vibrations, a cramped interior, an uncomfortable driver seat. If Toyota ever brings FJ Cruiser back, I hope doesn’t bring these issues with it.
I assume that was a 4Runner (the last FJC in the USA was 2014). My FJC had no such problems...owned 12 years with absolutely issues other than a couple of recalls on the seatbelts. I did Ouray, Moab and Sedona plus 2500 road miles in one trip and it did awesome (grented, it would have been wayyy more fun in an open Jeep). If the FJC ever comes back though....I hope that they add a useful set of rear doors and get rid of the massive C-pillar blind spots.

All that said...I would welcome a Bronco to the party. Competition is good for all brands.

And that guy who wants a Susuki Jimney.....yeah, me too!

Doc

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Oh, so Ford remade the Renegade? The first thing I thought of when I saw the headlights, and grille was Renegade. Body wise, it looks close too.

ford renegade.jpg
Agreed. Thought the same thing. Very Renegade if this was the actual production vehicle.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I think Bronco and Baby Bronco is what Ford Escape and EcoSport should have been. Instead of the non-descript blobs that they are.

upload_2020-2-2_12-46-5.png

107-1075865_blue-2018-ford-ecosport-2019-ecosport-se-png.png
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.