Bestop Trektop NX Glide 2020 for JL?

JayPear5

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Heard a rumor that this was going to be released in 2020? Can anyone confirm/deny?
Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I thought I'd responded to this elsewhere but we'd be interested in the rumor as well :CWL:

What's coming is the Trektop Ultra for the JL. It has the angled back like other Trektops and the windows are Glide-like so perhaps that's where the confusion is. There isn't a Glide on tap this year for the JL but there is the Trektop Ultra which has a lot of the features the Glide on the JK has plus the multi-position and full fold-down features.

Here is a walk-through from TFL Truck on the Ultra and our time at SEMA this year

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

IceInfusion

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I thought I'd responded to this elsewhere but we'd be interested in the rumor as well :CWL:

What's coming is the Trektop Ultra for the JL. It has the angled back like other Trektops and the windows are Glide-like so perhaps that's where the confusion is. There isn't a Glide on tap this year for the JL but there is the Trektop Ultra which has a lot of the features the Glide on the JK has plus the multi-position and full fold-down features.

Here is a walk-through from TFL Truck on the Ultra and our time at SEMA this year

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
This is the video I was referring to lol.
I haven’t purchased a soft top for my 2 door JL as I’ve been waiting for a Trektop that folds all the way down (like the glide from the JK), so I’m excited for it to release. You say it’s “glide-like” but isn’t it exactly like the Trektop glide from the JK?

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
This is the video I was referring to lol.
I haven’t purchased a soft top for my 2 door JL as I’ve been waiting for a Trektop that folds all the way down (like the glide from the JK), so I’m excited for it to release. You say it’s “glide-like” but isn’t it exactly like the Trektop glide from the JK?
If you look at the Supertop Ultra for the JK it has a rail-based system for dropping it back to various positions. The Glide for the JK main features are the slant back and the way that windows "Glide" in/out - meaning they aren't secured by zippers.

Effectively, if the Glide and the Supertop Ultra had a baby it would be the Trektop Ultra for the JL ;)

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

atso

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
hoping it'll be release spring/summer 2020 vs summer/fall - this is exactly what I've been looking for

j143ct

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB
if you read below the video it has a correction that they are targeting Spring 2020. Also, contacted Bestop directly an this was the same info they gave. Following this string in case someone get's one before first and I will do the same. Feel like they with be on back order pretty quickly..

Stormblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
This is Exactly the soft top I need for my 2 door! The Ultra is going to the top of my to buy next list. Where would be the best place to follow so I know when it's released?

Sponsored

IceInfusion

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
This is Exactly the soft top I need for my 2 door! The Ultra is going to the top of my to buy next list. Where would be the best place to follow so I know when it's released?
It was on the top of my list too but the just announced on Facebook that it’s only being released for the four door :(
EDIT: They released the Supertop Ultra... not the Trektop Ultra. Hopefully when the Trektop Ultra is released, it’s available in the 2 door.

Last edited:

Stormblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
W
It was on the top of my list too but the just announced on Facebook that it’s only being released for the four door :(
Well Crap. WHY is the 2 door being so ignored for accessories and parts?? It seems like if you aren't the majority or have features exactly like the majority then you just don't matter anymore. I will go out and try Suntop then.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
W

Well Crap. WHY is the 2 door being so ignored for accessories and parts?? It seems like if you aren't the majority or have features exactly like the majority then you just don't matter anymore. I will go out and try Suntop then.
Prob bc there's about a 10:1 ratio of 4 doors sold vs 2 door and aftermarket companies obviously want to focus on the masses when the gap is that big.

Stormblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Prob bc there's about a 10:1 ratio of 4 doors sold vs 2 door and aftermarket companies obviously want to focus on the masses when the gap is that big.
Yep, business has to make the best profit with the least overhang, I agree/understand that. It just stinks that the 2 door is on its way to extinction, with part of the reason being that new Jeepers are not going to buy the 2 door with no mods available on the market.
Sponsored