Cordless Ratchets

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Any recommended cordless ratchets for auto and home use?
Sponsored

OP
OP
jeepdabest

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Milwaukee. I have the 1/4" and 3/8" non-Fuel ratchets and the 1/2" Fuel. But I warn you, once you see all the other Milwaukee tools these batteries power, you'll have a hard time not becoming an addict
Do you LOVE the Milwaukee 3/8?

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a Makita and it doesn’t seem to have sufficient torque

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Sponsored

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Milwaukee 3/8 extended fuel. It's a beast. And you can use it as an actual wrench, without battery assistance, for extra torque.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
All I've found cordless ratchets useful for is loosening wrists. A stubby impact driver is far more useful.

Ehmsea

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 13 Camaro SS, 04 Pontiac GP
Occupation
RF Engineer
I got the basic 3/8 in milwaukee...its really good for taking taking nuts and bolts off or putting them on. I used it when I installed my lift, I'd use a large ratchet to break it free, then this power ratchet to take it all the way off.

It does not have a lot of torque. But I used that as a quick way to cinch up (snug up) the bolt, then switch to the torque wrench. No worry of over torquing the bolts with this...but it saves a lot of time and effort ESPECIALLY when laying under the Jeep and wrenching over and over...

itstotalbacon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
Was tossing up the harbor freight earthquake vs the milwaukee. I ended not getting either since i do have an air ratchet as well that i hardly use. I nice compact impact has a ton more power and is much more heavily used.

The air ratchet and battery powered ratchets do have their place though. I would go with the harbor freight earthquake ratchet for $99 vs the milwaukee version due to how often I actually use them. An air ratchet is a great cheaper option if you have a compressor though.

Sponsored

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I bought the husky one from Home Depot for $50. Works great for me. I only use it in places where I can’t get my impact driver in.

AZ—CA RUBI

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have every Milwaukee cordless impact driver, ratchet, Impact and other stuff they make. 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2” and 3/4”. Milwaukee is by far the best cordless tool you can purchase. I carry a 3/8 and 1/2” impact in my Jeep with the cordless ratchets as well. Stick with the fuel models if they have them. You will not be disappointed.
Sponsored