First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Here is where it is in relation to the rest of the windshield. From looking at the front, I’m assuming it’s a defroster for the sensor area for the ACC.

62553700-D006-4CEE-9D08-71E141F13630.jpeg
I never noticed it, but I have it too. I have the ACC pkg.

1A6D14D5-DD31-406A-9222-592207FA0D9D.jpeg
Sponsored

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
So my manual says if something is plugged into the USB it will keep charging for an hour after you shut the car off. Won’t that drain the battery?

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Nah, the USB output is too limited to drain a battery in one hour, in particular not a new battery. No worries here ;)

Last edited:

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Front defrosters/defoggers work in part by blowing dehumidified air on the windshield right? I guess maybe hot air too as hot air can hold more moisture than cold and might help defog the windshield.

And that dehumidified air comes from aspects of the air conditioning system(???).

That said, how does front windshield defrosting work on base Sport JLs with no air conditioning?

Just curious, thanks.

Sponsored

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Front defrosters/defoggers work in part by blowing dehumidified air on the windshield right? I guess maybe hot air too as hot air can hold more moisture than cold and might help defog the windshield.

And that dehumidified air comes from aspects of the air conditioning system(???).

That said, how does front windshield defrosting work on base Sport JLs with no air conditioning?

Just curious, thanks.
I’m curious as well.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT

Just curious, thanks.
Cars have been doing this for many, many years. Air conditioners condense moisture out of the air, that's where the puddle of water comes from when you run the air conditioning in the summer. If a vehicle doesn't have air conditioning, then it's not dehumidifieing the air.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Cars have been doing this for many, many years. Air conditioners condense moisture out of the air, that's where the puddle of water comes from when you run the air conditioning in the summer. If a vehicle doesn't have air conditioning, then it's not dehumidifieing the air.
My bad. I should have googled this. https://www.taylorautoglass.com/how-windshield-defogger-works/

Hot air, at least for the front glass, warms the windshield somewhat, allowing the air near it to hold more moisture and not have that moisture-causing-fog collect on the relatively colder windshield.

I see now that it's more about warmer temperatures blown on the windshield solving this problem that dehumidification. Although my vehicles, which have A/C, seem to also utilize this system's defogging through dehumidication capabilities.

The above reply, although appreciated, didn't address my curiosity on what part of the vehicle's defogging system causes the front windows to become defogged.

:)

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Does anyone know if the factory sway bar links on a Sport are the same length as the ones on a Rubicon?

Sponsored

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know where I can find the torque specification for lug nuts on an aftermarket tire? I have Black Rhino Barstows but had no luck finding this information on their website.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know where I can find the torque specification for lug nuts on an aftermarket tire? I have Black Rhino Barstows but had no luck finding this information on their website.
Lug nut torque is independent of rim. It will be the same as factory.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Lug nut torque is independent of rim. It will be the same as factory.
Really? Even if it's on bigger tires? Currently running 35s.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I just mounted 37s on beadlocks and had Costco balance them for me and they torqued the lugs down to factory specs. It's the bolt that has torque applied to it not the rim.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
I just mounted 37s on beadlocks and had Costco balance them for me and they torqued the lugs down to factory specs. It's the bolt that has torque applied to it not the rim.
Thank you. Sam's club was refusing to remove the nail on my tire because they claimed bolt torque had changed. Will have to try another. Or do you happen to know if Costco does this work too with the membership?
Sponsored