Rubicon vs sport suspension height?

BlackoutJLU

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S
I know you wanna do everything while you’re at it, but it’s super easy to change out your lcas. Consider putting on your takeoffs look at it, see how it sits, drive it, see if it wanders, then put on lcas if needed. It’s hard to predict where your caster is going to end up because it will be determined by how much height you get ....
I agree. And it’s easy to add the spacer lift too if you decide you need it after the Rubi takeoffs are added.
Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I doubt you would ever end up with "too much" caster using the Mopar LCAs. The XJs & WJs specified 7° of caster from the factory (+/- 1°).

I've been attempting to chart this out, to see if I can notice a pattern. There is some slight variation, but this is a good idea of what to expect.
Capture.PNG
So by that chart, a stock height Rubicon, or a Sahara with Rubi takeoffs, could be in that ballpark if they only added the Mopar LCA’s.

Yours is a Rubicon right? Did you add them at stock height? How’s it driving for you?(or whoever has done this btw)

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I agree. And it’s easy to add the spacer lift too if you decide you need it after the Rubi takeoffs are added.
You mean I have to leave it with somebody twice? :no: I’m thinking I’ll talk with the shop and see if they’ll drop it to the ground, check, and put it right back up. It’s my understanding the front may settle some too.

Bluebeast

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
I'm not going to lie, I only half read your comments. But if you're talking about having to drop it off with someone to add the LCA'S I would say you can do that part yourself if you want to add it. I did mine one at a time on the ground with just a floor jack. If you're thinking of adding a spacer I would do it all at the same time with the shop. I never measured but I did have some slight rake when I had the Rubicon suspension.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
So by that chart, a stock height Rubicon, or a Sahara with Rubi takeoffs, could be in that ballpark if they only added the Mopar LCA’s.

Yours is a Rubicon right? Did you add them at stock height? How’s it driving for you?(or whoever has done this btw)
Mine is a JLR with factory steel bumper, hardtop, and no tow package. Stock, the front was way higher than the rear... I actually got pulled over for incorrectly adjusted headlights (with two people in the back). I never measured the stock caster, but it was probably one of the lowest OEM combinations, with the highest front ride height.

One of the first things I thought during the test drive was that it needed more caster. The steering wheel would not self-center at all, and would actually "center" to the steering stops on a U-turn. My first mod was the Mopar LCAs, which resulted in about 6° of caster. It made a difference, and I would do it again. I later added a winch, which lowered the front about an inch and leveled the body. The steering feel changed again, partially from the weight and partially from the additional caster. I plan on lifting 1-1.5", and will be keeping the LCAs (which should put me back around 6° of caster again).

As a side note we should come up with a more exact way of measuring lift & ride heights. There's too many variables when comparing the trim level and options. I'm thinking some sort of axle-to-frame measurement, but need to spend some more time under the Jeep to see what is easily accessible.

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Mine is a JLR with factory steel bumper, hardtop, and no tow package. Stock, the front was way higher than the rear... I actually got pulled over for incorrectly adjusted headlights (with two people in the back). I never measured the stock caster, but it was probably one of the lowest OEM combinations, with the highest front ride height.

One of the first things I thought during the test drive was that it needed more caster. The steering wheel would not self-center at all, and would actually "center" to the steering stops on a U-turn. My first mod was the Mopar LCAs, which resulted in about 6° of caster. It made a difference, and I would do it again. I later added a winch, which lowered the front about an inch and leveled the body. The steering feel changed again, partially from the weight and partially from the additional caster. I plan on lifting 1-1.5", and will be keeping the LCAs (which should put me back around 6° of caster again).

As a side note we should come up with a more exact way of measuring lift & ride heights. There's too many variables when comparing the trim level and options. I'm thinking some sort of axle-to-frame measurement, but need to spend some more time under the Jeep to see what is easily accessible.
2.0 or 3.6? What spring numbers do you have? Thanks

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I have the 2.0, with eTorque.

Believe it or not, I still need to confirm my spring numbers...
Benny with Allmoparparts here confirmed mine and others that I got VINs for. He just needs the last 8 alpha numerics. I’m curious as to why yours was nose up. The numbers might give insight.

I have 61/62 and 90/91 and I’ve not seen rears that low with fronts that high.

Mark7411

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
I put the Rubicon suspension on my sport a few weeks ago and last night put on the rough country 2.5 boost. It drives exactly the same as before the lift except for the obvious change in center of gravity. Drives and looks great. The instructions for the kit SUCK. Took my dad and I 8.5 hrs to do.

20180802_024508.jpg

View attachment 73586

20180802_024446.jpg
I already have the RC 2.5 boost but wanted to add Rubicon suspension also. Do you need to add RC shock extender to do this set up. I really want to get away from it, but I’m guessing the Rubicon shock would not be long enough.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Benny with Allmoparparts here confirmed mine and others that I got VINs for. He just needs the last 8 alpha numerics. I’m curious as to why yours was nose up. The numbers might give insight.

I have 61/62 and 90/91 and I’ve not seen rears that low with fronts that high.
I finally got around to finding my spring numbers.
Front: 662/663
Rear: 114/115

LOL. That explains the rake.

Capture.PNG

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I finally got around to finding my spring numbers.
Front: 662/663
Rear: 114/115

LOL. That explains the rake.

Capture.PNG
Definitely odd compared to anything else I’ve seen the past few months of researching! Especially the 114/115 numbers. That’s new to me. I may have skimmed right over that in the catalog. Edit: Wait, ...2 door rear springs??

I hope my 61/62, 90/91 is like that to an extent. I didn’t notice my number combo on your chart so maybe my takeoffs are oddball too.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Definitely odd compared to anything else I’ve seen the past few months of researching! Especially the 114/115 numbers. That’s new to me. I may have skimmed right over that in the catalog. Edit: Wait, ...2 door rear springs??

I hope my 61/62, 90/91 is like that to an extent. I didn’t notice my number combo on your chart so maybe my takeoffs are oddball too.
Yeah, all OEM 2-door Rubicon. There is another JLR on the list that also has the 114/115 rear springs (3rd from the top). I just double checked and noticed that the spring numbers don't follow the same "68253_ _ _ " format. I've asked Benny with Allmoparparts to confirm the numbers I am reading are accurate.

I figured this out: It's pretty easy to measure the shock length eye-to-eye while installed.

My JLR 2.0 with steel bumper (and Warn Zeon), with hardtop, without tow package:
Front shock length installed: 20" eye-to-eye
Rear shock length installed: 22.5" eye-to-eye

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Yeah, all OEM 2-door Rubicon. There is another JLR on the list that also has the 114/115 rear springs (3rd from the top). I just double checked and noticed that the spring numbers don't follow the same "68253_ _ _ " format. I've asked Benny with Allmoparparts to confirm the numbers I am reading are accurate.

I figured this out: It's pretty easy to measure the shock length eye-to-eye while installed.

My JLR 2.0 with steel bumper (and Warn Zeon), with hardtop, without tow package:
Front shock length installed: 20" eye-to-eye
Rear shock length installed: 22.5" eye-to-eye
Quick measure this AM, both passenger side, and gas tank only about 1/4 full. These were JLUR springs
Front 21
Rear 22.5
My spring #s
3590 3591 3659 3661
My 2dr JL Sport is stock, no metal bumper or winch, only hardtop

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Quick measure this AM, both passenger side, and gas tank only about 1/4 full. These were JLUR springs
Front 21
Rear 22.5
My spring #s
3590 3591 3659 3661
My 2dr JL Sport is stock, no metal bumper or winch, only hardtop
2.0?

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Front 21
Rear 22.5
Thanks for posting these. Without the winch, I think the front of mine may have even been higher. It felt like the shocks were getting fully extended and topping out more often.

Since the front Rubicon shocks are 23.625" extended, a 21.5" ride height would only leave a little more than 2" of droop.
Sponsored