Not open for further replies.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Very legitimate and excellent points. Probably matters more to Jeep loyalist than to new, generic, SUV buyers. I bet some millennials don't know what 12/7/1941 is? Sad but probably true.

Ford is trying. Actually Ford got help from the Rock. Ford got some Bronco product placement in a movie called Rampage with the Rock. The Bronco concept was featured in it. Spoiler, the movie originally called for a Wrangler but the Rock is apparently a Ford fan boy so they nixed the Wrangler and used the Bronco concept.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vi...ronco-concept-dwayne-the-rock-johnson-rampage
I saw that lame movie and that ford concept was lame as well. I kinda like the mag cover concept though. Minus the lame IFS of course. lol
Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
What?!? I'm outraged! I thought the internet was here solely to agree with me! I, myself, own a JLUR and am, in fact, a rock lobster! I am besides myself with...what?..oh, he said "crawler"? Well that changes everything...

I will agree with you that his argument is flawed, as most "crawlers" on this forum actually go the Sport route and rip off the factory stuff in favor of HD aftermarket mods. Rubis are maxxed out from the factory at great expense to create the ultimate "factory" off-road Jeep, but still with a lot of compromises. Mopar has offered these factory "mods" to capture as much of the market (and its dollars) as possible. Factory stuff has to be DOT approved and warrantable in all circumstances (CYA). Aftermarket stuff can be sold as "off-road only" and slapped on any Jeep in a weekend. It's why you can order a Mopar 2" lift and a dealer will install it for you, but you can't order a JL with the 2" Mopar lift from the factory. Too much liability.
I will disagree with you also. lol. Most serious wheelers are going to go the rubicon route. You get quite a bit for your money. Likely even the SUPER serious guys who rip out their axles will still go the rubicon route.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I thought they were bringing back the Wagoneer.
They definitely are. But I am certain that it won't be with high speed stuff in mind. Likely going to be a contender for the high end luxury SUV market. I'm curious as to exactly what they are doing for a platform. Rumors are all over the place for it.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I am starting to wonder if there is anything you can't make street legal here. Back in MO we had to pretend to own a farm, register a SXS a specific way, have a large orange triangle on it, all to drive a short distance on a minor roadways.

here in AZ, I am pretty sure if we wanted we could license a go cart with as long as it had a few add ons. All joking aside, I love that here, and feel bad for those with less open regulations for the roadways.
They can dick on you if you ride on hiways or busy roads for longer distances. For example hiway 87 you can go a few miles to connect trail (on my dirt bike) but driving to payson is probably asking for trouble.

I'm from NJ and the tiniest infraction in a car, truck, jeep dirt bike is met with a ticket. I couldnt wait to leave there and people are STILL leaving it.

Last edited:

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
My theory is the Bronco has a better chance of poaching a casual Wrangler driver then a hard core wheeler who rock climbs. I was trying to say rock crawlers who own Rubicons will probably not go for a Bronco if it has IFS. To be honest, I have no clue of how many actual JL Rubicons are used for rock crawling by their owners?
My theory is they will poach but not that much, rock crawler or not. Much of it will have to do with whether or not they put in a great motor.

I just started wheeling mine in technical. I was waiting to dump money into it because I wanted to see what the bronco had to offer. They waited too long to release it so I moved on and set my jeep up. The other reason not to wheel a new ruby or otherwise is the warranty. Many want to wait a bit. Another reason is they are such a hoot to drive stock. I was really worried the fun would end street driving it on 37's but it's still a hoot.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
They can dick on you if you ride on hiways or busy roads for longer distances. For example hiway 87 you can go a few miles to connect trail (on my dirt bike) but driving to payson is probably asking for trouble.

I'm from NJ and the tiniest infraction in a car, truck, jeep dirt bike is met with a ticket. I couldnt wait to leave there and people are STILL leaving it.
You and me both, I'm only still here due to the family business

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...mers-does-this-mean-bronco-will-be-there.998/

to me this says that a lot of the comments on here may be close to the truth. If Ford is trying to be tied to something like KOH, it may be that they are looking for more of Ranger Raptor / raptor market for the Bronco than the Wrangler Rubicon. Less rock crawler, more all around performance off-road vehicle that also performs on the street. A lot will pass on this due to lack of SFA, but for others like me it is less of an issue as I want more of a raptor but in wrangler proportions.

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
it will be interesting to see it when it comes out. if it looks like this one, i would get one in a 2 door, v6 / auto and in black or dark gray.

bronco-front-v2-1-1565376912.jpg?crop=0.827xw:0.797xh;0.0561xw,0.jpg

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
it will be interesting to see it when it comes out. if it looks like this one, i would get one in a 2 door, v6 / auto and in black or dark gray.

bronco-front-v2-1-1565376912.jpg?crop=0.827xw:0.797xh;0.0561xw,0.jpg
That actually looks halfway decent....I doubt that's what's going to be made though.

Status
Not open for further replies.