Rubicon vs sport suspension height?

NickM

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL SPort S
Thanks a million. When you install them I would love to know how much longer they are over stock and how much caster change you get.
Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks a million. When you install them I would love to know how much longer they are over stock and how much caster change you get.
I'm planning on ordering/installing mine sometime in the next couple of weeks. Others on this forum have said they are around 1/4" longer than stock.

Fourthandlong5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
They are 24 1/4" eye to eye as opposed to the factory arm length of 24".

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I went ahead and added the Rough Country 3/4 inch spacer lift up front to level it out. Now it sits level front to back on the drivers side and about 1/2 higher in rear on passenger side. It looks much better now and I am happier that it’s not nose heavy any more.

FD80F374-487A-4C2D-A87A-4FD0FD1BEE73.jpeg
It really looks good!

Just installed a set of rubicon springs and shocks this past weekend and love it! I have same part numbers and similar lift results. So I'm looking for front spacers to level it out. (only difference is that I have a hardtop)

Sounds like 3/4" spacers up front are enough. Are you still happy with the results? Or recommend 1" or 1.5"?

Sponsored

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
It will be interesting to see before and after caster with the LCA's.
I didn't do before numbers, but after installing rubi suspension, the Mopar LCAs, and daystar 3/4" spacer my caster was 5.8 and 6.0 (left and right) on my sport.

NickM

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL SPort S
I didn't do before numbers, but after installing rubi suspension, the Mopar LCAs, and daystar 3/4" spacer my caster was 5.8 and 6.0 (left and right) on my sport.
my caster was 3.8 before and 3.8 after. Installer used caster cams on the stock control arms. I’m seriously considering the Mopar LCA’s to get caster at least to spec.

BlackoutJLU

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S
It really looks good!

Just installed a set of rubicon springs and shocks this past weekend and love it! I have same part numbers and similar lift results. So I'm looking for front spacers to level it out. (only difference is that I have a hardtop)

Sounds like 3/4" spacers up front are enough. Are you still happy with the results? Or recommend 1" or 1.5"?

BlackoutJLU

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I am happy with the results. I think 3/4 is enough but I do think longer LCA’s will help with steering.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I am happy with the results. I think 3/4 is enough but I do think longer LCA’s will help with steering.
Good to hear. Yes, I'm installing the LCAs next.

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Lots of posts and visibility here and I’m hoping for some feedback that might help with a decision.

I’m concerned about caster, maybe too much for what I plan on doing. I had read a great deal on drivability, which is great on my Sahara right now, and wanted to retain that quality if not better.

Here’s what I have. 19 Sahara 2.0 eTorque mid option level I’d say. Front springs are 58/59, rears are 88/89. It’s a hardtop. I found a set of Rubicon takeoffs with a 61/62 front, and 90/91 rear. Based on my looking around, it seems the rear is comparatively lower numbered than what I’ve seen paired with the fronts so would it be more level, less rake? I guess that could be said of my stock springs as the front is higher numbered than many non Rubicon but I’ve found a few posts with it. So maybe it is a good match? As evidence, my current fender heights are
LF 36 1/32” RF 36 1/32” (don’t laugh at my 32’nds.) :LOL:

LR 36 5/8” RR 36 9/16”

Not as much rake from the factory as some I’ve read of.

Should I install these Rubi springs/shocks with a 1/2” spacer up front to compensate for the aluminum bumper and winch that will be installed a little later? Or since there may not be much rake, the added weight up front might make the front fall within normal rake?

Without the spacer, would by caster be over 6*? How much?

Thanks for any help here.

BlackoutJLU

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of posts and visibility here and I’m hoping for some feedback that might help with a decision.

I’m concerned about caster, maybe too much for what I plan on doing. I had read a great deal on drivability, which is great on my Sahara right now, and wanted to retain that quality if not better.

Here’s what I have. 19 Sahara 2.0 eTorque mid option level I’d say. Front springs are 58/59, rears are 88/89. It’s a hardtop. I found a set of Rubicon takeoffs with a 61/62 front, and 90/91 rear. Based on my looking around, it seems the rear is comparatively lower numbered than what I’ve seen paired with the fronts so would it be more level, less rake? I guess that could be said of my stock springs as the front is higher numbered than many non Rubicon but I’ve found a few posts with it. So maybe it is a good match? As evidence, my current fender heights are

LR 36 5/8” RR 36 9/16”

Should I install these Rubi springs/shocks with a 1/2” spacer up front to compensate for the aluminum bumper and winch that will be installed a little later? Or since there may not be much rake, the added weight up front might make the front fall within normal rake?

Based on the numbers of your stock and take offs I would guess you won’t need the spacers, but can’t be certain. I did need spacers and did not see a need to change LCA to fix castor. It drives fine.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

LR 36 5/8” RR 36 9/16”

I know you wanna do everything while you’re at it, but it’s super easy to change out your lcas. Consider putting on your takeoffs look at it, see how it sits, drive it, see if it wanders, then put on lcas if needed. It’s hard to predict where your caster is going to end up because it will be determined by how much height you get ....

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I doubt you would ever end up with "too much" caster using the Mopar LCAs. The XJs & WJs specified 7° of caster from the factory (+/- 1°).

I've been attempting to chart this out, to see if I can notice a pattern. There is some slight variation, but this is a good idea of what to expect.

Capture.PNG
Sponsored