Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL DROPS MAJOR CAMO, REVEALING NEARLY ALL!

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Also with the second photo, I get that the fuel door and the unlock button on the rear door are appealing - what's the appeal in the taillight? Just new and different?
I asked a friend who knew a little about English and told me you were asking about the usefulness of the button (in the second picture)

Answer: The keyless entry system comes on the driver's door, the door next to the driver and the back door.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/ve...-entry-push-button-start-for-jl-jlu-wrangler/

For the higher light, the LED is distinctive, if you see it from the side and at the bottom there is a reflector.
Sponsored

Last edited:

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
I am HOPING AND PRAYING that the flip switch we are seeing there is an easy connect / disconnect for the mirrors, where the mirror can be locked into the frame of the vehicle when the doors are off.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Just noticed the hi-line flares are only on the front. Look at how the elevations are not matched...

2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-rubicon-jlwranglerforums-10-jpg.jpg

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ, 2016 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Outfitting Jeeps for adventures.
I am HOPING AND PRAYING that the flip switch we are seeing there is an easy connect / disconnect for the mirrors, where the mirror can be locked into the frame of the vehicle when the doors are off.
Photos of a completely exposed fender and A-pillar have been shown, and there's no where for the windows to mount to the body. They wouldn't be very usable mounted forward of their currently location anyway. I really think that "flip switch" is just a trim cover that's popped loose.

Just noticed the hi-line flares are only on the front. Look at how the elevations are not matched...
2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-rubicon-jlwranglerforums-10-jpg.jpg
They're not matched, but those rear flares are higher and wider (front to back) than the regular ones on the red JKU. Look at the area near the filler door on both vehicles and at the endcaps on the bumpers.

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Photos of a completely exposed fender and A-pillar have been shown, and there's no where for the windows to mount to the body. They wouldn't be very usable mounted forward of their currently location anyway. I really think that "flip switch" is just a trim cover that's popped loose.

buzzkill.

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
They're not matched, but those rear flares are higher and wider (front to back) than the regular ones on the red JKU. Look at the area near the filler door on both vehicles and at the endcaps on the bumpers.
The base of each rear is the same (where it mounts to sheet metal), but the black ones appear to be more open due to less material, like a trimmed out JK flare.

Edit; The black ones are definitely wider.

Last edited:

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Firecracker Red
p5reazw-jpg.jpg

Does it look like those new Windshield Bumper stops may actually also be clips that clip over the windshield to keep it held down when folded?

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I'm loving the JL and these nit-picky folks need to realize that these are test mules, not 100% production models. I'm sure that Jeep will iron out some of the details for the release.

Sponsored

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
p5reazw-jpg.jpg

Does it look like those new Windshield Bumper stops may actually also be clips that clip over the windshield to keep it held down when folded?
I have been pondering this ever since I saw them. I have a feeling that they do clamp down on it.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Looks like the Freedom panel retention system remains, but with better and bigger texture grip handles.
The areas also have more contoured spaces for your knuckles, especially at the centre of the audio/sport bar. There also doesn't seem to be a lot of space for padding around the top sports bar unlike in the current JK, very thick and very close to the edges.
If that centre piece is a screw-in bolt then they've been moved, if it's just another handle it may mean the bolts are gone, as I don't see another spot for them along the bar.
Also wonder what the big bordered hole is in the centre? Subwoofer similar to oval Alpine one current in rear?
You can see what looks like speaker grill holes to the outer edge.

IMG_1088.JPG

Also notice that the Sahara step-rails look better in this photo than the previous ones, and don't show the similar bend which may have been an optical illusion as an upper/lower angle looking at them flaring out to the side a little bit and in 2D that looked like a bend halfway. Or could even be shutter roll distortion.

IMG_1087.JPG

myfirstjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
empty
Something I haven't seen being commented on: The factory rake seems to have been removed!

One small change makes a pretty nice difference in the aesthetics.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
I'm sold on the redesign. It's going to be a bit tricky replacing the rear bumper through, with the lower spare tire and license plate/light mounted in the bumper. The front bumper looks easily replaceable. Tube fender flares are going to have to integrate turn signals though.
Never under estimate the aftermarket. Rear bumper design, no problem. Fender flares with turn signals, no problem. Fender flares without turn signals and kits to relocate turn signals to grille. No problem. After market is and will be all over this.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
What is the fascination with the rear glass folding over the roof? Seems like an opportunity for branches (when on the trial) to catch on it. Is there a problem with just opening the rear glass as designed today? I know at highway speeds it may blow downward. Do the aerodynamics of the current design bring fumes inside the cabin? I don't drive with the rear window open, so please enlighten me. :)
Sponsored

Last edited: