Status
Not open for further replies.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Generations of History, WW2 on, featured in too many movies to count , Terminator, Jurassic Park, a way of life ; the best that Ford can hope for is the crumbs off Wranglers table, a brief flash in the pan, then resigned to the outer reaches of "cute ute ", like all before it.
Wrangler has the momentum of History, Ford has ....Focus Groups. Bring it on..
Very legitimate and excellent points. Probably matters more to Jeep loyalist than to new, generic, SUV buyers. I bet some millennials don't know what 12/7/1941 is? Sad but probably true.

Ford is trying. Actually Ford got help from the Rock. Ford got some Bronco product placement in a movie called Rampage with the Rock. The Bronco concept was featured in it. Spoiler, the movie originally called for a Wrangler but the Rock is apparently a Ford fan boy so they nixed the Wrangler and used the Bronco concept.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vi...ronco-concept-dwayne-the-rock-johnson-rampage
Sponsored

Last edited:

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The one that's been spotted in camo is the BABY BRONCO. The " real" Bronco exists only in Renderings, other wise known as "imagined".

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
As others have said, just a rendering. This is as much as anyone knows of what it looks like unless you work at Ford.

It definitely looks similar, but I really hope that’s not what’s under the camo.
F387A344-99B3-4761-90FB-BE93C1F47C2C.jpeg
20F64AB1-B6BD-4518-832A-E13A2197402C.jpeg

Sponsored

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Flex is always my first thought when I see the spy shots of the Bronco nowadays. If that's remotely close to what it is this is not the Wrangler/4runner competitor anyone was hoping for. I know it's on the old (new for us) Ranger frame - or is that just one of them (baby/full?)

Is the one in the spy shots above the baby bronco or the full size? it's the Baby right, because nobody knows anything about the full size yet?

prototyp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW i3 REX, 2019 Wrangler Sport
I find it weird that people insist on criticizing the looks without seeing the actual looks. Throw those disguise coverings on a Wrangler and it's not all that wildly different..

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Do you own a JL? Your profile says JK. If not, then you don't know what you're talking about. It's not a myth. I could have cleared 35s on the wife's JLUR with no mods, provided I picked the proper offset.

Sponsored

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
And yet Jeep still sells a ton of Rubicon packages...which are really designed for "rock crawling" far more than ANY other type of wheeling.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
What?!? I'm outraged! I thought the internet was here solely to agree with me! I, myself, own a JLUR and am, in fact, a rock lobster! I am besides myself with...what?..oh, he said "crawler"? Well that changes everything...

I will agree with you that his argument is flawed, as most "crawlers" on this forum actually go the Sport route and rip off the factory stuff in favor of HD aftermarket mods. Rubis are maxxed out from the factory at great expense to create the ultimate "factory" off-road Jeep, but still with a lot of compromises. Mopar has offered these factory "mods" to capture as much of the market (and its dollars) as possible. Factory stuff has to be DOT approved and warrantable in all circumstances (CYA). Aftermarket stuff can be sold as "off-road only" and slapped on any Jeep in a weekend. It's why you can order a Mopar 2" lift and a dealer will install it for you, but you can't order a JL with the 2" Mopar lift from the factory. Too much liability.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.