Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I wanted one badly, but couldnt justify the price. After months looking for a deal I finally found an almost new toplift pro on craiglist! Just wanna tell everyone if you are thinking about, buy it. Taking the top off with this thing takes no time.

Any tips from toplift pro users? I am still getting used to it.

IMG_20200125_115015827.jpg

IMG_20200125_114944910.jpg
Sponsored

B-man

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I’ve used mine for three changes so far and has been super easy. The assembly was the hardest part and wasn’t too bad. The owner was very helpful with some questions I had after purchase, too. Very happy with it. No tips as it has worked as expected.

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Only tip I have is to get an battery ratchet and it will make it incredibly fast to do.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I bought one for my son to use, as he and his kids like to go without the top in the Michigan summers. The top lift pro is stable when holding the hard top, but there is some movement when it is bumped during the hold (not a lot). Since his kids are young, I went to Harbor Freight and purchased a high adjustable stand (various models to chose from) to put under the top while the TLP is holding it to give it a 3 point type of structure. It is really stable now and the parents are very happy with this setup in their garage. It really is a one man, quick operation, to remove and install operation with the TPL.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I love mine. I pull in right under it in the garage when I’m running the soft top. I do add heavy rubber bungees between the base and lifting bar as a safety.

Sponsored

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I love mine. I pull in right under it in the garage when I’m running the soft top. I do add heavy rubber bungees between the base and lifting bar as a safety.
Do you think this would help in case somoene slightly bumps into it by mistake? can I see a pic of your setup? I gotta say I was kind of worried the whole weekend with the top hanging all the way up there, I did put it in the garage but still.

Hava-Jeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Huntington Beach, CA / Lake Havasu City, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon,
Occupation
Retired
I love mine too. Although, the release handle scares the hell out of me. Looking like a handbrake, it could be temping for someone to squeeze, dropping the top. I wedge a piece of pipe insulation foam in the gap to prevent this from happening. Wish it had a locking pin?

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Do you think this would help in case somoene slightly bumps into it by mistake? can I see a pic of your setup? I gotta say I was kind of worried the whole weekend with the top hanging all the way up there, I did put it in the garage but still.
Mine is pretty sturdy on its own. Where it is positioned, the only person who might bump it is me. Can't show a pic since I take it apart and store it in the shed with the soft top during the winter.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Entropy I can answer your question. Yes it’s very durable and comes with extension bars that make it almost impossible to have the top tumble off the lift.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I love mine too. Although, the release handle scares the hell out of me. Looking like a handbrake, it could be temping for someone to squeeze, dropping the top. I wedge a piece of pipe insulation foam in the gap to prevent this from happening. Wish it had a locking pin?
When you have the weight of the top on the gear you actually have to lift a little to use the release handle. If you’re worried about a child releasing the holder while the top is up I don’t think they’ll be able to. One season I didn’t push down enough and the cable slipped out of the aluminum holder that has the 2 Allen screws.

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
No wonder you waited for a deal, those things are expensive! With a little DIY effort you can make your own electric lift for $200. Of course sufficient garage space is needed.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
No wonder you waited for a deal, those things are expensive! With a little DIY effort you can make your own electric lift for $200. Of course sufficient garage space is needed.
Sufficient garage space is usually the problem. When I had duel tops I didn’t have the height for a lift set up so I went with the Top Lift Pro. I never regretted it because I was able to pull the Jeep right under the hard top in the warm months.

8B40C809-69A5-400B-9C95-701F774A5F4E.jpeg

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
The Top Lift Pro's a great product Steve @sf5211 but there's something I wish it had--and maybe you don't see as necessary.

I wish the 4 wheels on the bottom were those big thick ones you see on wheels barrows, capable of handling grass or less than smooth terrain.

Then again, I'm not sure those bigger wheels have the necessary lock capabilities the Top Lift Pro's factory wheels do. Still more my Freedom Jack's engine crane hardly has such wheels, although it's on my bucket list this Spring to address that. :)

Gobs

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep rubicon
The Top Lift Pro's a great product Steve @sf5211 but there's something I wish it had--and maybe you don't see as necessary.

I wish the 4 wheels on the bottom were those big thick ones you see on wheels barrows, capable of handling grass or less than smooth terrain.

Then again, I'm not sure those bigger wheels have the necessary lock capabilities the Top Lift Pro's factory wheels do. Still more my Freedom Jack's engine crane hardly has such wheels, although it's on my bucket list this Spring to address that. :)
You can pick them up at Home Depot, a beefier locking caster
Sponsored