Sponsored

2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited ORDER GUIDE (4-Door)!

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
Thanks (as always) Jay !!
Sponsored

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Willys Sport, 2019 JLU Sahara
I have a couple questions about the guide:
1. Is the proximity keyless entry option mandatory for Rubicons? The reason I ask is: I don't want that option and I tried to order a JLUR yesterday and the dealership could not get the order to work without that option. The salesman told me that it is showing that it is a Required Option. This seems strange since an option is by definition not required - otherwise, it wouldn't be an option.
2. Is there a "Willys Sport" and a "Willys" - If so, is the Willys Sport a package to add on to a base sport, or is it a stand alone model? I don't see it on Jeep.com.

Sponsored

MntsRcalln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 Dodge Ram Bighorn, 1990 Totoya 4x4 Mod
1. Is the proximity keyless entry option mandatory for Rubicons? The reason I ask is: I don't want that option and I tried to order a JLUR yesterday and the dealership could not get the order to work without that option. The salesman told me that it is showing that it is a Required Option. This seems strange since an option is by definition not required - otherwise, it wouldn't be an option
I ordered mine a week ago and yes, proximity was required.

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
2. Is there a "Willys Sport" and a "Willys" - If so, is the Willys Sport a package to add on to a base sport, or is it a stand alone model? I don't see it on Jeep.com.
There is a Willys (based on the Sport S) and a Willys Sport. (based on the base Sport) I don’t know how the Willys Sport will show up on the Jeep website since the builder is not up to date yet.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
1. Is the proximity keyless entry option mandatory for Rubicons? The reason I ask is: I don't want that option and I tried to order a JLUR yesterday and the dealership could not get the order to work without that option. The salesman told me that it is showing that it is a Required Option. This seems strange since an option is by definition not required - otherwise, it wouldn't be an option.
Each of us has our likes and dislikes, needs and don’t needs. I never thought that keyless entry was something that I wanted. But, it was on the JLUR that I wanted on the lot, so, I bought it...... frankly, I love it. I am really old school. Technology in my vehicles normally just gets turned off. I could care less about it. Keyless entry? After driving this Jeep for 2 months now, I have no idea how I ever managed to get along without keyless entry with every other car I have owned. I Totally love it.

so, if you find that you must get it, you may find that you love it, as I do.

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Willys Sport, 2019 JLU Sahara
Each of us has our likes and dislikes, needs and don’t needs. I never thought that keyless entry was something that I wanted. But, it was on the JLUR that I wanted on the lot, so, I bought it...... frankly, I love it. I am really old school. Technology in my vehicles normally just gets turned off. I could care less about it. Keyless entry? After driving this Jeep for 2 months now, I have no idea how I ever managed to get along without keyless entry with every other car I have owned. I Totally love it.

so, if you find that you must get it, you may find that you love it, as I do.
Thanks for the info. I am old school too - my current jeep is a JK willys edition with manual locks. So, keyless entry would be a huge change. Good to hear that it seems to be a good option to have. However, if it is required, Jeep should just raise the price of a rubicon and make it standard. It annoyed me enough to decide not to order one.
I’m gonna wait right now and run my JK for a bit longer(or at least until after I do my taxes and make sure I don't owe a lot)

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
I gotta say, I'm in the same boat about being a bit old school....SOME tech is good, but I don't need/want my New JLUR driving for me ! Not that keyless entry is the same thing, but you get my point....

So, if it is required, and IF you don't end up liking it (which I'm sure I will) is it able to be deactivated and just use the key fob ? Is it programmable to JUST unlock the Driver's Door upon approach ?

Sponsored

DTDHI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 XJ
JL Sport

Sun and Sound Package $4190 MSRP also requires Technology Group for $995 MSRP
Details:
  • Google Android Auto (RF5)
  • SiriusXM Traffic Plus (RTB)
  • USB Host Flip (RF7)
  • Rear Window Defroster (GFA)
  • Uconnect 4C NAV with 8.4" Display (UAQ)
  • Rear View Auto Dim Mirror (GNK)
  • Rear Window Wiper/Washer (JHB)
  • Integrated Center Stack Radio (RTF)
  • Sky One-Touch Power Top (STJ)
  • Console Bin Task Light (LDB)
  • GPS Navigation (JLN)
  • 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hot Spot (RTQ)
  • GPS Antenna Input (JLP)
  • Dual Remote USB Port - Charge Only (RS4)
  • Remote USB Port - Charge Only (RS3)
  • 8.4" Touchscreen Display (RFL)
  • Apple CarPlay (RFP)
  • Air Filtering (JMA)
  • Alpine Premium Audio System (RC4)
  • SiriusXM Satellite Radio (RSD)
  • HD Radio (RE8)
  • 8.4" Radio and Premium Audio Group (AEK)
  • Air Conditioning w/Auto Temp Control (HAB)
  • 220 Amp Alternator (BAJ)
  • SiriusXM Guardian, 1-Yr Trial (RSK)
  • SiriusXM Travel Link (RSM)
  • Emergency / Assistance Call (RSR)
  • 115V Auxiliary Power Outlet (JKV)
  • Removable Rear Quarter Windows (GER)
  • Power Top Quarter Window Storage Bag (CB5)

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
So if I understand the Invoice pricing on these guides correctly then the actual invoice price that includes the Destination charge is the Invoice on top line in step 1 plus the dest fee underneath?
For example, the invoice on the 4dr Rubicon is $40,145 and the Destination Charge is $1,495 which means the actual out the door invoice is $41,640... Right?
Or is the destination fee already added to the $40,145 and it's just broken out in the line below so you know how much of that 40k is the destination fee?

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
So if I understand the Invoice pricing on these guides correctly then the actual invoice price that includes the Destination charge is the Invoice on top line in step 1 plus the dest fee underneath?
For example, the invoice on the 4dr Rubicon is $40,145 and the Destination Charge is $1,495 which means the actual out the door invoice is $41,640... Right?
Or is the destination fee already added to the $40,145 and it's just broken out in the line below so you know how much of that 40k is the destination fee?
Choice A is the correct answer

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

1/23/20 latest order guide attached and added to first post.
Sponsored

Attachments