Sponsored

Anyone considering trading their JL for a JT Gladiator?

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yep, it's the version Jeep should have building for the last 30 years. All the Wrangler features, plus some, and a far more useful cargo box. I'll be in line when the dealer gets one with the Max Towing Group.
So, I did exactly this. Placed my order in May. Got it in June. 95% more payload than my JLU, 105% more towing capacity than my JLU, and ALL of the fun, exciting Jeep features of my JLU. I haven't missed the Wrangler a single day and will never go back to a Wrangler again.

Coming up on 13,000 miles now in the JT and it's been flawless. We've towed everything you can think of, have hauled more things than I can remember including a 1,300 lb. pallet of sand bags, have taken family trips, and it's even been the star of a car show once. To this day, people still stop me everywhere I go to ask about it. The JT is a rock star. Sometimes it gets annoying because I can't even get gas without having to have a conversation with a stranger.

This is hands down the best Jeep I've ever owned, and I've owned every Jeep made since the 1980s. I have no idea why they haven't been building these all along. And honestly, the people who crap on them are just jealous. All of the excuses why they don't want one are just that: excuses.

:rock:
Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Please " teach " the Trolls , I'm sure they're all Ears, and just need a little guidance..
Reading comprehension my friend. I was speaking about those that get upset from said trolls.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
So, I did exactly this. Placed my order in May. Got it in June. 95% more payload than my JLU, 105% more towing capacity than my JLU, and ALL of the fun, exciting Jeep features of my JLU. I haven't missed the Wrangler a single day and will never go back to a Wrangler again.

Coming up on 13,000 miles now in the JT and it's been flawless. We've towed everything you can think of, have hauled more things than I can remember including a 1,300 lb. pallet of sand bags, have taken family trips, and it's even been the star of a car show once. To this day, people still stop me everywhere I go to ask about it. The JT is a rock star. Sometimes it gets annoying because I can't even get gas without having to have a conversation with a stranger.

This is hands down the best Jeep I've ever owned, and I've owned every Jeep made since the 1980s. I have no idea why they haven't been building these all along. And honestly, the people who crap on them are just jealous. All of the excuses why they don't want one are just that: excuses.

:rock:
I want one. I'm just trying to talk my husband into it:like:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
It should go like this.

Brandy: Dear, we should get a Gladiator.

Hubby: All right lets go!

Anything less and he's on the couch... :giggle:

Sponsored

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
I would not trade my Sahara in for a Gladiator because they are so much longer. It would not fit in my garage with the rack I have against the back wall. I also have the Sky One Touch which I use year round here in Santa Barbara. It is my favorite feature.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I owned a 2019 Toyota Tacoma, which is about the same length as a JT, for six months, and learned that:
  • Midsize pickups are too long for my liking. My Tacoma was a pain to park in the city; on the trail JT’s length results in limited angles relative to JL
  • There’s no room for groceries or other bulky items when you carry passengers. If it’s not raining you can place the groceries in the bed, provided they don’t go flying
Some choose to put a canopy of their pickup, but it would look goofy on a Gladiator. A tonneau cover would be the most I’d put on a JT, with all the practicality limitations that that involves.

All of the above made JL the obvious choice for me.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the JT is terrific, it just has too many doors. :bandit:

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
As cool as that looks, it would be the most impractical, useless vehicle on the market, which is exactly why Ford, GM, Nissan, etc. stopped making them years ago. You could sell a bag of ice to an Eskimo more easily than you could sell a regular cab, short box, midsize truck to the U.S. consumer.

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Not considering trading my JLUR, but would add a bare-bones 2 door Gladiator to the fleet if they released one :like:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
As cool as that looks, it would be the most impractical, useless vehicle on the market, which is exactly why Ford, GM, Nissan, etc. stopped making them years ago. You could sell a bag of ice to an Eskimo more easily than you could sell a regular cab, short box, midsize truck to the U.S. consumer.
I have to agree with this. Nissan introduced a Single Cab Titan a few years ago... just recently announced they are canceling it for 2021 due to very low sales.

Luvmejeeps

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport. 2004 TJ
Gone are the days of real trucks of what I remember....today there just a large car cab with a bed attached to it...fugly imo. But I get it and know why.

My 1st vehicle in the early 90s was a single cab bench seat S-10 with a stick on the floor. I remember many times having 4 of us in the cab (n folks back in the bed). One person sat on another's lap,while the person in the middle had me shifting the stick between there legs. If there was a girl in the cab they always had to sit in the middle with my stick in between there legs. No dudes wanted to be in that spot. True story.

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
My wife is getting impatient w/ me having to wait so we can order a diesel JT :blush:
It is painful watching all the Wrangler guys who ordered wait & wait, it will be Worse for the JT but it will be so :devil: when we finally get it -
Sponsored