Sponsored

2 Door Rubicon tire pressure, Whats your sweet spot?

Saltysnook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door 2.0
Hi, was wanting to get an updated thread on this topic now that there are more of these out in the wild. I find the 2 door to be really sensitive with the PSI in relation to overall comfort and performance. What have y'all settled on? What did you notice on highway speeds?
Sponsored

Last edited:

MikeLewisMusic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 Door, 2.0l Turbo/Automatic
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Hi, was wanting to get an updated thread on this topic now that there are more of these out in the wild. I find the 2 door do be really sensitive with the PSI in relation to overall comfort and performance. What have y'all settled on? What did you notice on highway speeds?
2018 2-door Rubicon 2.0 with 37 x 13.5 load rating E Firestone Destination MT2's--Low 30's cold is where I am keeping them, although as the cold came on this winter, pressure dropped into the high 20's, and the Jeep handled perhaps better there...but with the low tire warning being an issue (I do not use a Tazer). I prefer not to exceed 35-36 psi warm. Handling is steady at highway speeds with one finger, road noise acceptable, tracks true and a comfortable ride (for a Jeep with oversize mud tires).

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I run mine 28-30 on KO2 D rated 37’s.

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
30psi on my 315 ko2's

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Hi, was wanting to get an updated thread on this topic now that there are more of these out in the wild. I find the 2 door to be really sensitive with the PSI in relation to overall comfort and performance. What have y'all settled on? What did you notice on highway speeds?
I run my stock KO2’s at 32psi. I’ve never experienced the often mentioned steering issue; mine tracks as I’d expect it to, and I can drive with one finger on the wheel on the highway.

OP
OP
Saltysnook

Saltysnook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door 2.0
I run my stock KO2’s at 32psi. I’ve never experienced the often mentioned steering issue; mine tracks as I’d expect it to, and I can drive with one finger on the wheel on the highway.
Thanks, I keep coming back to 32 but the transmission seems to like 34.
Sponsored