Sponsored

end of 2019 orders and start of 2020?

Raven99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Clubs

Grab a chair and get comfortable. Mine is been in JB for a week now.
Just got off Mopar chat - my car is in KZ status. Yay!! Rep said that there was no dealer ETA & that it will remain in this status until it is delivered to dealer. I am hoping for a Labor Day weekend arrival
Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
If it ships by train sometimes you can get the train tracking number. That’s more of a west coast thing though.

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
Looks like they’re just getting back to fairly normal buildout/changeover dates. Historically (pre JL), the new model year builds always started the last week of July.
Resurrecting this comment... curious if people think that means the 2021 model order banks could potentially open last week of July. Thoughts?

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Resurrecting this comment... curious if people think that means the 2021 model order banks could potentially open last week of July. Thoughts?
I would expect 2020 build out to end 1st/2nd week of July, with the 2021 order guide to come out 1st week in July and 2021 job 1 to be around 7/27. That would put order banks opening the week prior, or 7/20ish. First delivered 2021 second week in August.

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
I would expect 2020 build out to end 1st/2nd week of July, with the 2021 order guide to come out 1st week in July and 2021 job 1 to be around 7/27. That would put order banks opening the week prior, or 7/20ish. First delivered 2021 second week in August.
Assuming that’s the most likely scenario, what how soon in advance of the order guide do we typically start finding out what the new model builds and packages will look like?

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Assuming that’s the most likely scenario, what how soon in advance of the order guide do we typically start finding out what the new model builds and packages will look like?
Before the actual order guide is released? No info prior to that is reliable, unless FCA does a press release of what to expect for '21, which is likely considering the PHEV is coming by Q1 of '21. That could give some info, but with phrasing like "late availability" or "details to follow". With all of the special editions now available and Sarge as a color option now, I wouldn't expect to see anything ground shaking in July, but maybe a new color, maybe a Selec-Trac option for the Rubi, some added engine flexibility leaning towards the 2.0 and a few gadgets borrowed from the Gladdy like the trail cam. We'll see what the auto shows in NY and Detroit bring as teasers, as well as the EJS in Moab in early April.
Sponsored